addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Quick weekender to Desolation/Emigrant Wilderness

Quick weekender to Desolation/Emigrant Wilderness

Khac L.
user 19776201
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I'd like to go backpacking for the first time this year. Open to any area that's dog friendly. Was thinking of going from Crabtree TH to Wood Lake, but am open to suggestions for Desolation Wilderness since I've never been there. I love to fish, so will need to be near a fishable lake/river. My dog and I can travel up to 12 miles each day, but would like the our first trip to be around 8-10 miles. I live in SF and would probably head out early Saturday morning and try to get to Summit Ranger District (#1 Pinecrest Lake Road, 95364) by the time they open to get a permit.

I'm free this weekend 7/16 - 7/17 or next next weekend 7/30-7/31.
Khac L.
user 19776201
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
Didn't get everything I needed done before going on this trip this weekend so will have to wait until the end of July. Will turn the 7/30-7/31 into a meet-up suggestion.