addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › 5-6 days trip in the eastern Sierra

5-6 days trip in the eastern Sierra

Osamh A.
user 12270003
San Jose, CA
Post #: 13
I have been thinking of doing 5-6 days trip somewhere in the eastern Sierra in starting between 20-25 of September , I searched about Hoover wilderness, looking for a nice loop there. but i could not find a nice one, got any suggestions ? are you interested ?

Osamh
A former member
Post #: 113
Osamh,

How about the loop from the Twin Lakes trailhead, up to Peeler Lake, going counterclockwise by Benson and Smedberg Lakes, up Matterhorn Canyon, over Burro and Mule Passes, and back to Twin Lakes? It's all on trail, about 45 miles, goes from 7000' to about 10,500', and gains about 13,000' in elevation overall. This loop has become kind of popular, but there are plenty of places to go "off the beaten path" for a more adventurous trip. Wow, it sounds pretty good--I might be interested, if others are.

Dave Smith
Miles
user 5685298
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 265
Consider this...

http://www.meetup.com...­
Osamh A.
user 12270003
San Jose, CA
Post #: 15
Dave, Thank you for the suggestions :)
I like the trail you suggested, and as you mentioned, it is a popular loop, but i Miles's suggestion, it looks for me couple of lakes there and we can make it in six or seven days.

Miles, have you been to Dave's suggestion loop ? which one do you think it is better? and which one you have told me about ?