align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › High Sierra Trail: Sequoia to whitney....next week? car shuttle arrangement.

High Sierra Trail: Sequoia to whitney....next week? car shuttle arrangement.

pardees
user 6869691
San Jose, CA
Post #: 11
I'm thinking of just heading out to sequoia sometime next week (probably thursday) and then hiking the entire high sierra trail to whitney portal. I'm not really looking for backpacking partners- I don't mind doing this trip solo. But I am wondering if anyone else is interested in starting from the other side at the same time, hiking from whitney to sequoia.

We'd each drive the other person's car to the trailhead where we'd begin the hike, and then would finish the hike with our car waiting for us at the end. It would save me the trouble of having to find a way to shuttle back to sequoia. I've hiked with people in this group before, so I have some who I hope would vouch for me as a reasonably trustworthy guy. I'd have to have the same confidence in you too if this were to happen.

Just an idea i'm toying with...we'll see if I can make it work. shoot me a message or reply here if you are interested at all .

If you're not exactly sure what I'm suggesting here, let me know and I'll clarify