add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › AIARE Level 1 Avalanche Class this weekend in Lassen - with snow!

AIARE Level 1 Avalanche Class this weekend in Lassen - with snow!

Richard B.
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 146
There is currently up to 72" of snow forecast to fall this week, before Saturday, in Lassen. Check it : LASSEN FORECAST
That's 6 feet of snow in the next four days! And it's supposed to snow all weekend, too!

I've added an AIARE level 1 Avalanche Class to the Outdoor Adventure Club calendar this weekend. It will either be Friday, Sat, Sun, or Sat, Sun, Mon.

Are you interested? If so, let me know and we'll make a class happen. It will be an exciting time to take the class, especially if we get the snow that is expected.

Because this is a last minute addition, I'd be happy to offer anyone from the Meetup the discounted OAC member price for the class.

It looks like Tahoe may be a little warmer/wetter than Lassen. This could be the perfect weekend to get your AIARE Level 1 education, without missing an epic weekend at Tahoe.

Let me know if you're interested, or if you have any questions. We only need 2 people to make the class happen this weekend.
Here's a link to the class information
Here it comes!

Richard Bothwell
Outdoor Adventure Club