addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Whitney via Cottonwood Pass 9/14

Whitney via Cottonwood Pass 9/14

A former member
Post #: 3
I have a permit for 2 people to enter Cottonwood Pass on 9/14 and exit Whitney Portal on 9/18. Not the most scenic route but that's what was available.

Waiting to hear from a friend in the next day or two if he can join me. I doubt that he can so, if someone is interested, here's a short intro. I'm 43, fit, experienced backpacker although not hardcore. Did 1/2 JMT in '09 solo. Been getting my miles - about 15 this weekend including a jaunt up Mt Lassen. I'm sturdy and a little slower paced.

My intent is to be the first (afaik) of what I hope are many stage IV stem cell transplant survivors to summit Whitney. Prefer to have a positive, easy-going, normal, experienced backpacker to help make this happen - male or female.

Thanks, Mark