Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Rae Lakes Loop. "Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks".

Rae Lakes Loop. "Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks".

A former member
Post #: 10
I'm Planing to Hike a Rae Lakes Loop on my Vacation week.

_The loop is 46 miles long. and climbs for 5035' at the trail head to 11978'.

- Date. Oct-15th(Monday) to Oct 19th(Friday).

-I'm planing to Hike a 7 to 10 mile a day. It may not be take a 5 days, how ever , Planing for 5 days.

- I will be leaving a San Francisco on Monday morning.

If you are interested or Questions please let me know.

Thanks.

Moe
A former member
Post #: 515
Sounds like a lot of fun.

Especially if you like snow - you might want to double check that they don't close the road for the winter before you leave ... I canceled a trip out to Road's End because it's very likely to be snowing at my destination by tomorrow.
A former member
Post #: 11
Thank you for the Info..Lori, I'm ready for the Snow and check with NPS soon. Thank again.
A former member
Post #: 12
I went to Rae Lakes Loop on Oct,15th to 19th 2012.The Road's End(CA180) is still Open till Nov,2012.
Self wilderness permit for the Rae Lakes Loop, The Roads End Station.
Highly Recommend to Easy Hiker for Weekend get away.
First 15 miles is very easy and every 6 miles to get Designated campsite.
I would like to Share a pictures of the Trip, If you like to see or free copy. Please go to www.zenfolio.com/ingleboy/rae lakes loop.
Thanks.
Moe.
bob s.
JMTx13
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 29
the link seems to work better like this:

http://ingleboy.zenfo...­

nice work and fine time to be out there . . .
A former member
Post #: 13
Thank you, Bobshattuck.
It's Big Help. You are Good Buddies.
Thanks,
Mo
bob s.
JMTx13
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 30
Mo,

Just remember me next time you are thinking of an east side adventure (or a west side!) . . . are you skiing this season?

Bob
A former member
Post #: 14
Yes, Bob:
I can do Snowboard or Snow shoeing.
I'm thinking about Snow Camping in Early next year for Weekend trip.
my next vacation on 2013 early Summer, I will do JMT. Just only for Yosemite to Mammoth Lake area. I will let you know for sure,
Mo
bob s.
JMTx13
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 31
Mo,

Done the JMT 12 times now and every summer I say I won't but yeah, maybe we'll do a few miles together.

otherwise, if you'd like to do some stuff in the snow this season, be it at the lifts, or otherwise, let me know.

Bob