Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Long weekend / weeknight trips?

Long weekend / weeknight trips?

Jeff W
Jeff-W.
Angwin, CA
Post #: 9
I can get most any Friday off with a couple of weeks notice. I'm interested in as many leave Thursday night through Sunday return trips as I can this summer. Ventana Wilderness, Big Foot Country or the Sierras, doesn't matter to me. I'd like to get to Sespe Hot Springs, Blaney HS, Iva Bell (Fish Creek) or any other hot spring if anyone else wants to go.
Mike
user 31552282
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 18
if anyone has flexibility enough in work schedules to do a Thurs-Sun or Sat-Tues, something like that including a couple weeknights. I'd love to do a longer Sierras trip once it warms up a little more

Generally, I do, and prefer that over 2-day trips. And I should get up there for a weekend before my May 19 trip.
Gregory V.
user 7086755
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 4
Good to see you to Sara. I'd be up for some longer weekend trips this summer.
Sara
sarazadi
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 10
I'd definitely try to get off work for the Lost Coast June 23 - how many days do you think you will take? I have a car... but it's not off-road worthy.

As for other trips, I'm a good organizer but new to the Sierras and don't have a good take on great trips. Anyone want to co-plan a trip? I can handle communication and planning if you help figure out when and where. :)
Mike
user 31552282
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 19
I'm a good organizer but new to the Sierras and don't have a good take on great trips. Anyone want to co-plan a trip? I can handle communication and planning if you help figure out when and where.

I'm willing to answer questions.... As for "when", you get to choose that. That's one of the advantages of being an organizer. As for "where", just pick a location that intrigues you. It also depends on "when". "When?" is a good place to start.
Carl H
user 14106939
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
I have a permit application in for Sequoia Nat Park for six people on 4th of July weekend. Will post more details after I get the approval letter in the mail. Otherwise, I'm itching to do some more "leave Fri. night, return Sun." trips in Sequoia NP and Trinity Alp areas. BTY, I'm going to be on the John Muir July 28th - Aug.2nd if anyone needs a ride or shuttle to/from or in the eastern Sierras during that time. Happy trails ya'll!