Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › One night trip?

One night trip?

Molly W.
user 98032592
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,

Is anyone interested in a short, weekend trip near-ish SF? I like backpacking but 2 days of it is plenty for me. One day in and one out is about right. Maybe camping nearby the night before if needed. I don't have anywhere in mind but have done a few like this so could recycle one of those places - they were all great. (But I'm guessing everyone here has more knowledge of good places than I do...)

Let me know if you're interested -

Molly
Colin S.
user 98093272
Berkeley, CA
Hi,

I'm fairly new to backpacking so a short, local trip sounds great. I did a one night trip to Point Reyes recently that was a lot of fun, but reservations might be hard to get as we get further into summer. If you get a small group together, I'd like to join.

- Colin
Lori
user 17891291
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
Hi Molly:

I'm interested & live in the City, tho didn't make the happy hours :-(.

Lori
Fred R.
user 7992128
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 10
Suggest a trip, I'm sure many will join. Hopefully it's a date I can make otherwise I'll see you on the trail another time.
A former member
Post #: 37
Not certain how bookable it is, with it being summer, I generally stay there in winter and early spring, and it is more car camping plus, but the Marin Headlands has I think 4 campgrounds, 3 of which are free and 1 that by parking in interesting places, can be made into a 5 mile or so one way trip...

michael
Brian
user 12803381
Burlingame, CA
How about Y Meadow Lake in the Emigrant Wilderness? 3ish hrs. from SF, 6.2 miles each way. Good camping. No limit on the permits available. Weather looks great for Sat. & Sun.
Justin
user 17988341
Campbell, CA
Post #: 28
I would be open too.

No bear can too for immigrant. Not sure how the skeeters are up there now though. Can be okay or horrific.
Mike
user 31552282
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 25
Emigrant Wilderness?
I was just between Tioga Road and the PCT, and the mosquitoes were pretty bad. (A month ago along the GCT, there were none.) It varies by location, but it got to where I hated seeing mule ear.
Carl H
user 14106939
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
sure. I can do the weekend if the 20th. Otherwise, any weekend except the first in Aug.
A former member
Post #: 21
I am doing an overnighter to Emigrant next weekend of Jul 13-14. Expecting to eat some fish :-) Anyone interested is welcome to join - you'll have to join the group, too:
http://www.meetup.com...­