Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Introduction and a few upcoming trips

Introduction and a few upcoming trips

Paul D.
svimages
San Jose, CA
Post #: 6
Hi,

I am a new member and by way of introduction I thought I would post a few trips I have planned in the event any one wants to join me. I am always looking for someone to carry the other half of my winter tent and sherpas are not to be found locally.biggrin

February 17 & 18 - Snowshoe/ski overnight to Glacier point. If conditions are right for Horsetail falls this trip will be detoured to Taft Point overlook.

March 3 & 4 - Another overnight to Glacier point/ Taft Point. If you haven't picked up on it yet, the goal this winter is to photograph Horsetail falls from a viewpoint other than the valley floor.

April 7 & 8 - Prime "Moonbow" dates (check out the link if you don't know about this phenomenon) for Yosemite Lower Falls. This is a trip to the Valley so lodging is available, but I will be my usual "thrifty" self and be at camp 4.

As usual these trips will be dependent on weather and other variables. Contact me if you are interested.

Here are a few images from my January trip to Yosemite;

Yosemite "Wolf Moon" Gallery

Paul