addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Pune Emacs Users Group Message Board › Using notmuch+emacs for email

Using notmuch+emacs for email

Navin K.
user 12904327
Pune, IN
Post #: 1
If there is a meetup on a date when I can make it, I can talk about using emacs+notmuch as my mail client (on Linux).

Basically I got frustrated with gmail (was getting too slow for me, and not having emails offline was an irritant), and did not want to use Thunderbird (just replacing one slow system with another).

So I found notmuch which is designed specifically to be able to handle large quantities of email, and I'm very happy. Fast, local searches; use of emacs for composing mail - which includes all goodies like Yasnippets, customization using elisp (or python); and of course a local backup of all my emails just in case Google goes rogue and locks my account for some reason.
Vedang M.
user 41617122
Group Organizer
Pune, IN
Post #: 1
Hi Navin,

This is excellent. The way I'm planning it is to have a meetup at the Helpshift offices every 3rd Friday of the month at 6:30 pm. If it's okay with you, I'll set this up as the first talk (Jan 18th, 2013). Let me know

/vedang
Navin K.
user 12904327
Pune, IN
Post #: 2
Sorry Vedang. Did not see your message until just now.
In any case, I can talk about this for the next meetup.