align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Thinkers' Club Message Board › "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot 2010-05-05

"The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot 2010-05-05

Ian Y.
user 11837236
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 3
I've been digging through the archives and i'm not sure why the message board activity has dropped off as i think it's a good way to maybe keep some discussions going from previous meetings and maybe start discussions on future meetings as well as a way to introduce new people to the group and keep people who have missed a meeting to stay up to date.

I was a bit late to the meeting, but to me, the major debate about the book concerned how far Mr. Talbot took the holographic principle/model of physics put forth by Physicist Dr. David Bohm to explain such phenomenon as out of body experiences, near death experiences, psychic and psychokinetic abilities, and other paranormal experiences.

To me this type of discussion falls under the Philosophical branches of Epistemology (theory of knowledge; what is knowledge, how it is gained?, etc.) and Metaphysics (nature of reality).

If i remember correctly some of the topics that got brought up in relation to subject were FMRI (Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging) as a way to see into the activity of an active human mind, Quantum Mechanics, Quantum Computing, Bose-Einstein Condensate, Synesthesia, "The Pocket Guide to the Apocalypse", 666, 616, 777, and 8.