align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Congress Surrenders Checks and Balances in the Constitution

Congress Surrenders Checks and Balances in the Constitution

Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA

On Tuesday, Congress voted to suspend the rules and pass legislation that removes checks and balances from the Constitution. The separate branches of government were designed to protect us from outright Tyranny and Dictatorship that the rest of the world lives under. Tuesday, those protections were surrendered by those occupying our own Congress.

This treasonous act known by the deceptive title, "the Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act of 2011", was quietly passed and given no media coverage or attention. This legislation now allows the president to appoint most key positions in the federal government without the Advice and Consent of the Senate as required under Article 2 Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution. Among those positions are;

• The Treasurer of the United States,
  • The Rural Utilities Service Administrator,
  • The Chief Scientist at the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration,
  • The Deputy Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration,
  • Members of the National Security Education Board,
  • The Director of Selective Service,
  • Four key officers in the Department of Homeland Security, and
  • Five high-level Directors in the Department of Justice.

This bill is all the more dangerous because some of the officers that it exempts from Senate scrutiny are highly sensitive. The Rural Utilities Services Administrator would likely serve on the Rural Council. Obama formed that Council to carry out UN Agenda 21.

Among the Co-Sponsors of this bill were Senators Mike Johanns (R-NE), Harry Ried (D-NV), Jon Kyl (AZ), and Mitch McConnell (R-KY). Congressmen Tom Latham from Iowa and Paul Ryan from wisconsin were among the representatives to vote for this abomination. In the name of "streamlining" the executive branch, all they have done is made it easier for a Tyrannical Dictatorship to grow and the national government to become more powerful. HOW THEY VOTED

Maybe they should have taken it as a clear indication that the national government has become massively unwieldy and out of control. Perhaps those charged with defending our liberties and freedom that the Constitution was designed to protect should have been trying to streamline the size of this massive overhanging government instead of widening the door so they can get through it.

Diane W.
polsavvy
Omaha, NE
Post #: 253
This cannot be true. For them to change the constitution, it requires an admendment approved by 3/4 of states. This needs to be challenged. On Aug 8, Johanns is speaking at Millard Lib. I will ask about this but want to know the bill nbrs.
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 2,152
Charlotte J.
CharlotteJuett
Norfolk, NE
Post #: 501
Our own congress is in the process of making a KING for this country.
Les F.
efrayim
Omaha, NE
Post #: 458
Are you guys figuring it out yet? Les
Kveta H.
user 9315947
Omaha, NE
Post #: 34
Michael,

What do you think? I don't usually leave names on what I forward but I was careless. Plus I just sent it to a limited number of people and I don't remember this guy, he must be with Mark Levin. I have had one other response similar to this from Levin's people.

Am I missing something about this message?

I wonder if Mark agrees with this response since he was very unhappy with this congressional surrender. I wonder what he would say if he saw Fred's come-back. Maybe Mark has a free lancer who takes off in any way that he wants. Or could Fred be an Obama supporter working for Mark?

Johanns supported this kind of move much earlier than this because he remembered when as Secretary of Agriculture, he had to wait through having his appointees aproved. Bruce and I made clear to him that we didn't want it. We need to get a bunch of people out to let him know the same thing. As Mark Levin said, Romney may want this but what if he doesn't win the election. Do we need to hand everything over to Obama or any president? It is stated in the constitution that the congress can do this but this eliminates the checks and balances and again, if these positions are so trite, they should be eliminated. On the other hand they are not that unimportant as Michael points out. Johanns is a real RINO. Can you help out with this. (In the future we need a conservative to run for his seat.)

KH

--- On Sun, 8/5/12, Fred Stiening From the Mark Levin program wrote:

Subject: Re: [Nebraska912ers] Congress Surrenders Checks and Balances in the Constitution
To: "Kveta Hanson"
Date: Sunday, August 5, 2012, 12:05 PM

Please read the Constitution before forwarding crap

" but the Congress may by law vest the appointment of such inferior officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the courts of law, or in the heads of departments."

Fred

On Aug 5, 2012, at 3:25 AM, Kveta Hanson wrote:

--- On Sat, 8/4/12, Michael Patomson wrote:

Subject: [Nebraska912ers] Congress Surrenders Checks and Balances in the Constitution
To: Nebraska912ers-announce@meetup.com
Date: Saturday, August 4, 2012, 7:34 PM

On Tuesday, Congress voted to suspend the rules and pass legislation that removes checks and balances from the Constitution. The separate branches of government were designed to protect us from outright Tyranny and Dictatorship that the rest of the world lives under. Tuesday, those protections were surrendered by those occupying our own Congress.

This treasonous act known by the deceptive title, "the Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act of 2011", was quietly passed and given no media coverage or attention. This legislation now allows the president to appoint most key positions in the federal government without the Advice and Consent of the Senate as required under Article 2 Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution. Among those positions are;
The Treasurer of the United States,
The Rural Utilities Service Administrator,
The Chief Scientist at the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration,
The Deputy Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration,
Members of the National Security Education Board,
The Director of Selective Service,
Four key officers in the Department of Homeland Security, and
Five high-level Directors in the Department of Justice.
This bill is all the more dangerous because some of the officers that it exempts from Senate scrutiny are highly sensitive. The Rural Utilities Services Administrator would likely serve on the Rural Council. Obama formed that Council to carry out UN Agenda 21.

Among the Co-Sponsors of this bill were Senators Mike Johanns (R-NE), Harry Ried (D-NV), Jon Kyl (AZ), and Mitch McConnell (R-KY). Congressmen Tom Latham from Iowa and Paul Ryan from wisconsin were among the representatives to vote for this abomination. In the name of "streamlining" the executive branch, all they have done is made it easier for a Tyrannical Dictatorship to grow and the national government to become more powerful. HOW THEY VOTED
Maybe they should have taken it as a clear indication that the national government has become massively unwieldy and out of control. Perhaps those charged with defending our liberties and freedom that the Constitution was designed to protect should have been trying to streamline the size of this massive overhanging government instead of widening the door so they can get through it.

--
This message was sent by Michael Patomson from The 912 Project-Nebraska.
To learn more about Michael Patomson, visit his/her member profile

Glen F.
user 11731625
Springfield, NE
Post #: 174
The Heritage Foundation has a good analysis of this...

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/04/speed-up-nominations-and-confirmations-but-do-not-enact-s-679­

The Congress should not decide by law to relinquish the Senate role in filling a federal office and leave filling the office to the President alone, unless the Congress concludes for each such office that the Senate’s checking influence on the President is of no value because the office is of little or no authority or consequence. Generally, each time Congress by law removes the Senate from a role in the appointment to a federal office, the institutional influence of the Senate diminishes by a marginal amount and the influence of a President increases by a marginal amount. If the office is of little or no authority or consequence, the shift in influence may be immaterial, but if the office wields power that affects the American people, the Congress should not abdicate the Senate checking function.

It does not appear that the sponsors of S. 679 have determined that each of the offices the bill converts from appointments made by the President with Senate consent to appointments made by the President alone is an office of little or no authority or consequence.[5] Instead, it appears that the principal sponsors simply concluded that the Senate is too slow in performing its duty to consider and consent (or not) to presidential nominations and hope to accelerate the Senate process by simply reducing the number of such nominations the President must make.

The Congress should not reduce the number of Senate-confirmed appointments as a means of dealing with its cumbersome and inefficient internal process for considering nominations. Doing so gives away Senate influence over a number of significant appointments, does nothing to improve the Senate process, and still leaves nominees whose offices require nominations mired in the Senate process. The proper solution to the problem of a slow Senate is to speed up the Senate rather than to diminish the role of the Senate. The Senate should look inward and streamline its internal procedures for considering all nominations.[6] The proper solution also is the faster one, as the Senate can accomplish the solution by acting on its own in the exercise of its power to make Senate rules,[7] while S. 679 requires approval by both Houses of Congress.

Darlene E.
user 14539080
Omaha, NE
Post #: 260
I called Senator Johanns months ago when he decided to co-sponsor this bill. I also posted about this issue long before it became law. It is to late after the law passes. Our founding fathers set up the process to be slow and cumbersome so thought would be given to all decision.
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 2,154
Kveta,

Whoever this person is that sent this reply should check his own "crap". Yes, Article 2 Section 2 also says that " the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper...", but this is now the precedent law that they are now bound by. That is also while having the advice and consent of the senate as and option.

This bill castrated that option and put into statute further progressive erosion of the separation of powers and the checks and balances that are the very core of the foundation of our constitutional republican form of government. This will literally change the course of history.
Diane W.
polsavvy
Omaha, NE
Post #: 254
I asked Johnanns at his townhall meeting. His response was "I don't remember"