align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Congress Surrenders Checks and Balances in the Constitution

Congress Surrenders Checks and Balances in the Constitution

Darlene E.
user 14539080
Omaha, NE
Post #: 262
Diane, I don't remember. I should have saved the letter he sent to me. I"m going to start saving his letters and reading them back to him. I don't remember , huh!
Elaine K E.
user 10831319
Omaha, NE
Post #: 32
I was also at Johann's townhall meeting yesterday. Thanks Diane for asking him about the Efficiency and Streamlining act. He was really stumped, and didn't seem to understand what Diane was talking about. I also talked to him afterward, and he said it was a bipartisan bill and passed by both sides. I told him that Steve King didn't vote for it . Lee Terry didn't for it , and Allen West didn't vote for it. I also told him that congress should never give away power to the President. Johanns then had Diane and I visit with a staff member, and she said these were low level appointments. Simple things like ordering typewriters. Again I told her that when congress hands their power to the President we lose our voice through our elected representatives.
Please let Senator Johanns know how you feel, and that we are aware of this.