The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Are the Poor Getting Poorer?

Are the Poor Getting Poorer?

Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1,299

Jeffrey A R.
Checkeredsquare
Omaha, NE
Post #: 687
Great video and visual use of the little hard hat man. I think I will use that to remember the point of mobility that he makes.
Thomas K.
user 10853496
Omaha, NE
Post #: 68
Check the dates. They use studies from 1975 to 1997. That's fifteen years ago. The second study is 1979 to 1988. 24 years ago !!!!! The third study is 1975 to 1991. 21 years ago. I don't have a problem with rich people earning money. I have a problem with academic crap. This is as bad as the climate change fiasco. There's a reason they don't use data from, say, 1990 to 2010. If you like this presentation it's only because he's telling you what you want to hear. Let's get into the 21st century. The poor and working class have been devastated during the Obama years. It's not because the rich are stealing from the poor. It's because federal government regulation and mismanagement are destroying America's productive capacity. The enemy of the poor is not the rich. The enemy of the poor is the government.
Les F.
efrayim
Omaha, NE
Post #: 474
AMEN Thomas!!!!! Pencil in Ron Paul! He will do his best to let the constitution do what it was designed for! Les
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1,302
Thomas, it does not matter what statistics are used. The point of the presentation is to show poverty is not a static, that is, frozen state of being.

Even with the housing crisis, the rich saw more wealth lost than the poor or lower income brackets. By generating more wealth by growing the economy, more people benefit.

Rick Santorum said it best when he said it is easy to avoid poverty by doing two things, completing high school and raising children in a committed marriage.

Thomas K.
user 10853496
Omaha, NE
Post #: 69
The title of the piece is "Are the Poor Getting Poorer." That is a question posed in the present tense, as such they should use present statistics. The 20% may change, but are the 20% at the bottom, whoever they are, worse off? MY point is that the right has no point complaining that the left uses garbage research to prove their point if the right is doing the same thing. Let's stop cooking the stats and deal with reality.
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1,303
The title of the piece is "Are the Poor Getting Poorer." That is a question posed in the present tense, as such they should use present statistics. The 20% may change, but are the 20% at the bottom, whoever they are, worse off? MY point is that the right has no point complaining that the left uses garbage research to prove their point if the right is doing the same thing. Let's stop cooking the stats and deal with reality.

Thomas, this isn't garbage research. The fact you do not like what it says does not change the facts.
The poor still have more than the poor of ten years ago.

There is a totally different way to view this. See presentation on world poverty at link below:

click here
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1,304
Here is another set of statistics on global scale.