The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › The real problem: 40 Percent Of Americans Have $500 Or Less In Savings

The real problem: 40 Percent Of Americans Have $500 Or Less In Savings

Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1,311
Here is a real problem. People are living paycheck to paycheck and do not have enough savings for special needs or emergencies.

Click here
Les F.
efrayim
Omaha, NE
Post #: 480
I'm pleasantly surprised that it is that much. Imagine if a bank holiday is implemented in the near future. How much would those dollars be worth then? I think this country is in worse shape than most realize. Les
jack j.
user 9429328
Omaha, NE
Post #: 485
Les, I agree. Much is being said about the fiscal cliff we are about to fall over. I believe that no matter what is done we will fall over that cliff. They may be able to postpone it but it is still coming. We are talking in excess of $16 Trillion in debt and growing. Myself, I am trying to keep as little of my money in banks as possible. Still hoarding that Gold and Silver.
Les F.
efrayim
Omaha, NE
Post #: 481
I'm glad that someone has money to do that with! I haven't been very wise when it comes to financial decisions throughout my life. So, that means I have no money in the bank. If I did, I would do as you have. We pretty much live day to day. I get a measure of peace knowing that God said in His Word that if He provides for the needs of the sparrows, so He will do for people. I figure that He has forgiven me for being foolish over the years with my earnings. Even with the IRS illegally stealing all the money we just put in the bank from an insurance settlement from hail damage, we still manage to live in our mortgaged home and we're not starving. Les
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 1,281
A few questions:

Why would you put money in a bank that could collapse? Why would you put money in a bank that pays. essentially, no interest and actually LOSES MONEY FROM INFLATION?

Silver and gold are still the place to be and silver isn't very expensive if you buy bags of old silver (pre-64) coins.
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1,317
A few questions:

Why would you put money in a bank that could collapse? Why would you put money in a bank that pays. essentially, no interest and actually LOSES MONEY FROM INFLATION?

Silver and gold are still the place to be and silver isn't very expensive if you buy bags of old silver (pre-64) coins.
They keep devaluing the currency to the point of annoyance. Have you noticed you use to be able to buy a box of 24 Coca Cola cans but it is now been reduced to 20? Inflation is alive and well.
Les F.
efrayim
Omaha, NE
Post #: 482
A few questions:

Now, I wouldn't. I would buy silver if I had any money, but now I can only live day by day.

I have some friends that have invested in gold and silver and they are doing well. I would love to be able to buy junk silver, but alas....... Les
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 1,282
Remember:

Paper money is only good for DEBTS. The grocery store, department store and etc. are not legally required to accept it. One day, mark my words, the aforementioned will REFUSE TO ACCEPT IT! When this happens; what then?
Les F.
efrayim
Omaha, NE
Post #: 483
That's easy to answer. The Bible says everybody will be given something that is on or in their person that will identify them in order for them to do business, such as buying or selling. The technology certainly exists for that these days. All that's necessary now, is for a global economic collapse to occur. Once that happens, I'm confident that 'Someone' will come up with a wonderful fix that will make our money digital. I fear that most people will accept it with wide open arms. Les