addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Identity Politics, Not Conservatism, is the Problem

Identity Politics, Not Conservatism, is the Problem

A former member
Post #: 1,319
With the Presidential election of 2012 in the past, I am now watching as people debate what the Republican Party should do. Some blame social conservatives but Romney was the moderate candidate the Republican establishment had wanted for years. Sure there were mistakes made on abortion but abortion was not the problem. Romneycare was more of a problem. However, the real problem was identity politics.

The abortion orbit is all part of the identity politics playing to either conservative Christians or liberal women as if the average woman has three abortions a day. Neither would ever think to ask, what if abortion was the only option and always dangerous? With Obamacare, women may have a right to an abortion but may have to perform it with a hanger because there will be no doctors to perform it. And women may be forced to have abortion because Obamacare will not pay healthcare for a “wrongful birth” disabled child. No one ever thought to ask those questions because Identity Politics was the purpose of the question put forward by liberal reporters and debate moderators.

The gay identity is even more severe. The LGBT community has no solutions to offer the country and are mired in economic ignorance. Sexual orientation will not solve the problems of expanding government and poverty.

Libertarian minded people insist a socially liberal, fiscally conservative candidate would have won. I completely disagree. The Democrat Party understands “pro-choice” only refers to female identity, not to freedom of choice. The Democrat Party and their liberal friends are not “pro-choice” on education, food or even light bulbs.

Time and time again, people say the GOP needs to reach out to minorities. Sorry but this is a two way street on Identity Politics. When Republicans are simply dismissed as racists and African Americans register over 90 percent Democrat, why would any Republican candidate consider approaching the African American Community?

African Americans wonder but everyone can tell they voted their skin color. There is no opening to say Martin Luther King was a Republican or Republicans helped pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964. There is no room to talk economics how wealth is to be created or how to solve the Federal debt of 16 trillion dollars. Some how the rich are suppose to solve this all, but what if they choose not to be wealthy or worse, leave to more prosperous areas, like Ireland or New Zealand?

Seniors are also part of the Identity Politics and the most foolish of all. They literally think they can spend 25 percent of their adult life on Social Security which requires the labor of working people to be taxed at 15 percent. The United States cannot compete with China, Brazil or even India under such circumstance.

The latest addition to the Identity Politics is the 47 percent who do not pay Federal Income taxes. This is the Dependency Class. They truly believe in redistributing the wealth. They believe in “free” healthcare, not realizing this makes slaves of doctors and nurses. Does anyone really expect people to enter medical school, paying tens of thousands of dollars, and nearly a decade of their life learning medicine to turn around and work for nothing? Doctors will either leave the medical profession or leave the country. A doctor can go anywhere in the world with their skills and be treated well, and with Obamacare, there are certainly places better than the USA to be.

“Hispanic” politics is more tedious than ever before. Hispanic culture has long been a part of American history from New Mexico, to Florida to San Francisco, and the Island of Puerto Rico. However, dozens of nationalities of various races and immigrants, both legal and illegal, are thrown in to a vat of “Hispanic”. This term is hilarious considering people of Hispanic heritage are increasing elected to office as Republicans. However, the Democrats still play the Identity Politics while the news media will ignore Hispanic Republicans.

So what is the solution? I think the only way is to be openly confrontational. Ask women how their abortion or vagina is going to pay off the Federal debt or end the Afghanistan war. Ask African Americans and Hispanics how their skin color is going to create jobs. When your neighbor says they are going on Social Security, ask them how the US will fair with them spending 25 percent of their adult life on Social Security?

Many think this strategy is absurd but it is the only way to hold voters accountable. When you in the supermarket, go in to the line with the black, Hispanic or women cashier and make the confrontation. Do it at work. Do it at church. Do it at weddings. Do it at Bar Mitzvahs. Be civil, but do not back down. Confront them day and night, seven days a week. Those who voted for Obama and the Democrats must be confronted and held accountable and responsible for their vote. Do not back down.

As this strategy is used, solutions will emerge. There has already been vast success on the Medical Marijuana Movement which has cut itself off from the Identity politics of hippies smoking pot. The results have been modest but far better than the election results of 2012.
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 1,286
Through no fault of my own, I am unemployed. My pension pays 25% of my property taxes. Inflation consumes another 25% of my pension. Inflation is the most insidious tax and is collected on EVERYTHING I purchase. Don't you understand that the "inflation tax" is collected on everyone with fixed income people paying the HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF INCOME? Not paying MY FAIR SHARE? ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!
A former member
Post #: 1,321
Conservative Vet, I fully understand your situation but the government is out of money so now they just print the money and you soon discover it is worth less and lesser.

The government will never admit to making promises it could never keep. Government will never admit it is out of money. So it just keeps printing it.