align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Conspiracy Theory of the Day

Conspiracy Theory of the Day

Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,115
Has anyone actually seen any big money ads in opposition to these "health care reforms" coming from the insurance companies? I haven't. The Obama Progressives claim the evil insurance companies are behind all of our efforts. I still haven't seen any sign of them even putting up a fight. I think they WANT a public option. If anyone works for an insurance company, tell me I'm wrong if: the larger the risk pool, the easier it is to hedge your risk. The more people paying in, the less volatile your risk pool is.

I think this whole debacle is nothing more than a union negotiation between SEIU and the insurance companies, with the Obama Progressives facilitating it as a payoff for getting him elected. SEIU is insolvent because they over promised their members, and can't pay their liabilities. The insurance companies are at a 2% profit margin, and are getting beat up because of the medical industry having to cover uninsured people. The Progressives now can push "reform" to get the American taxpayer to subsidize SEIU health plans, and everyone walks away with fat pockets, except for the American taxpayers that are not in the union.

The insurance companies say go ahead, make us out to be the evil ones, as it gives the progressives a scape goat, and a rally cry for the average person: teach those evil insurance companies. Yet they are the ones that will benefit the most from this, second only to SEIU. The insurance companies grow their risk pool, SEIU gets their health benefits package bailed out, and the Progressives get a new 118 agency growth in government to control our lives. The insurance companies really are evil ones, not for wanting to stop this "reform", but for NOT wanting it stopped. The insurance companies are not behind our efforts to stop it, they are part of the effort to pass it. By saying they are the ones behind the so called "astro-turf", it has given them perfect cover. I no longer wonder why they have been so silent through all of this.

There is the conspiracy theory of the day.
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 375
I agree with you Michael. Who used to work for the insurance companies? How 'bout Bendover? Who received contributions from insurance companies in Connecticut? How 'bout Lieberman? You seem to know much more than you think!
A former member
Post #: 833
I agree too BUT, make no mistake about it, hospitals are making a whole lot more than family practices. Way more than 2%.
A former member
Post #: 543
Blue Cross official wrote an op ed for the World Herald click here
Jeffrey A R.
Checkeredsquare
Omaha, NE
Post #: 110
I am not sure about the 2% margin assertion. I would follow that fact? Just to check it. Many of the companies are are listed on the Stock Exchange.
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,120
The 2% figure was what Fox News and Glenn Beck quoted. Not the hospitals, or health providers, the insurance companies.
Tammy H.
user 9379386
Blair, NE
Post #: 21
I just have to say - I had to go to Lakeside Hospital a couple of years ago for a test. Who paid for the 30' trees in the lobby, the grand piano, the flatscreen TVs in every waiting room and the "hotel hospitality" when I walked in the front door? Somebody's making some major money.
Ed H.
Ed.H
West Point, NE
Post #: 212
In our town in CA they forced everybody to purchase garbage service. The garbage contract never went out to bid. They forced all the little guys out of business. They cut services but the monthly cost stayed the same. Price increases were regular. You were forced to pay.

If they force everybody to purchase medical insurance it will increase the number of policies the companies issue. They will be like a privately owned utility. Simply increasing premiums as they choose. There will be no incentive for them to be cost effective. Without competition they will only become less productive and more wasteful. The public option will be all the people the insurance companies don't want because of risk. The death panels will reduce the cost of treatment. Many costly treatments will simply be eliminated. People will be told their cancer for example isn't worth treating, etc. This will help the insurance companies.

Hospitals will simply petition for more money to cover their increasing costs. The government won't want them to all close down so they will force the insurance companies to pay higher costs. These costs will simply be passed on in higher premiums. Rationing will be required to prevent the system from being totally overwhelmed. The "Healthcare" bill doesn't talk about increasing the numbers of healthcare professionals or building new hospitals.

The taxpayers will be forced to subsidize healthcare premiums for the uninsured or those determined to be high risk. If you have an expensive policy then you will get treatment A. If you are on the government option or have a lessor policy then you will get whatever treatment the government bureaucrats decide to allow you. This will be determined by the death panels.

Over all, the masses will receive a system that is providing fewer services at a higher cost to taxpayers. You will be forced to pay. Rationing will be mandatory. The medical system will become increasingly corrupt and the numbers of services deemed to be "too expensive" will only increase with time. I would expect even the incentive to pioneer new treatments would be diminished. Not the kind of change that makes the world a healthier place.
A former member
Post #: 22
In response to Tammy's post about who pays for all that great stuff out at lakeside you should probably check and see where it is really coming from, a good chunck of the high dollar medical equipment and window dressings are donations from very wealthy persons. Example; if you had a mamogram at lakeside you can thank a wealthy donar right here in Omaha that provided the money to purchase that piece of equipment. Unlike UNMC where they put a plaque on every donation at Lakeside you have to know who donated what.
Beyond that we are a supposed to be a capitalist economy and doing well and prospering is the American dream. I personally hope that our health care providers and insurance companies make money and lots of it. My insurance provider has spent almost a million dollars saving my life in the last year if they can do that and make money I applaude them. They where there in my greatest hour of need and never tried to get out of paying for the many tests and operations needed to save my life and improve my quality of life.