addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Nelson makes it Heineman's choice. Let's call him!

Nelson makes it Heineman's choice. Let's call him!

Suzanne and Doug C...
user 9315782
Omaha, NE
Post #: 169
Nelson said today that if our Governor is so disgusted with his choice, then our Governor can refuse the funds. As a point of principle, I think we should support our Governor in refusing the funds. What do you think?
A former member
Post #: 100
I think Heineman should refuse the funds, but also add a condition that Nelson reconsider his vote and try to get it right this time!
A former member
Post #: 209
I think Nelson wants Heineman to be the heavy here to take the burden off of him. Nelson claims that the Gov. wanted him to do this and the Gov. is denying it. I gotta take the Gov.'s side in this.
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 394
Governor: refuse the bribe! We want no part in this infamy.
Meg
MegID
Lincoln, NE
Post #: 252
I agree wholeheartedly that the Governor should refuse the funds. In fact, I seriously wish Nebraska would be the first state to take a serious stand against the impending tyranny by the federal government and Opt Out of the whole healthcare bill. Stopping this madness is going to take DRASTIC measures, and its going to be up to the states to save this country. Its likely going to be up to the states in middle America, in the heartland, the midwest, and the south. Those are most of the states that have passed or are in process of passing the State Sovereignty Resolutions. Some state is going to need to take the lead in refusing to be controlled and manipulated by Washington anymore. Why not Nebraska?

I know the argument is that the Feds will still steal our tax dollars anyway, and we won't get the supposed "benefits" of it. But I swear I don't care anymore. Its NOT worth it. Its not worth us losing our freedom, its not worth the Federal government controlling our lives. Some state has to be willing to make that initial sacrifice. What a statement it would make for the state who's Senator was that all-important 60th vote, who's Senator was bought and paid for, who's Senator got them some federal "goodies", to say: Take your blankedy-blank goodies and shove them!! We don't want them!! Get the HELL out of our lives!!

Maybe we could get some indications from other states like Texas and Oklahoma, that if we go first, they will do everything they can to follow our lead. It HAS TO start somewhere!! Why not with us?
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 397
I sent the Governor an e-mail an hour ago. Perhaps I'll get a reply or a phone call. I believe him to be an honorable man.
A former member
Post #: 675
I think Nelson wants Heineman to be the heavy here to take the burden off of him. Nelson claims that the Gov. wanted him to do this and the Gov. is denying it. I gotta take the Gov.'s side in this.

Good point.

I don't think Obama has any intention of actually SUPPLYING the money to Nebraska, so maybe we should stay out of it. Ben Nelson is a useful idiot to Obama and will be thrown under to bus, just like so many before.

I say we wait and see....Just my opinion.
A former member
Post #: 210
I don't think Obama has any intention of actually SUPPLYING the money to Nebraska, so maybe we should stay out of it. Ben Nelson is a useful idiot to Obama and will be thrown under to bus, just like so many before.

I say we wait and see....Just my opinion.

I agree.
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,122
As federal taxpayers, we may be able to "opt out" of a public option if the language truly permits that, but that does not mean we will not still be paying our share of the $250 billion in new taxes every year, and we will not be able to "opt out" of any of the Medicare advantage or Medicare cuts. Ben Nelson has given Nebraska a serious black eye in the eyes of the rest of the States. All of the nationwide blogs and articles I see are basically saying " I hope you're happy Nebraska", they want to know why they don't get the money Ben did. After all, they are the ones that will be paying it. I agree with them. Ben Nelson sold out Nebraska, and the rest of the country, and Nebraska looks like one of the Progressive's pets. It's the same way we were looking at Louisiana not too long ago.
A former member
Post #: 211
Nelson just announced that he is thinking about asking that the "nebraska deal" be stripped because at least 3 "not to be named" senators want the same deal that Nelson got.

Okay, previous to the deal he said he wouldn't vote for the bill unless it was changed. Now, if it's stripped we are back to that place.

How can he strip it now that they've had the first vote? Do they have a re-voted? Does this mean he will vote for the bill as it was before the deal?

The "nebraska deal" = corruption at it's best.