The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Nelson makes it Heineman's choice. Let's call him!

Nelson makes it Heineman's choice. Let's call him!

A former member
Post #: 102
Ben Nelson= LIAR
scott
user 9035919
Fremont, NE
Post #: 114
i've heard from various sources about a so-called "tax revolt" that some citizens (not Nebraskans) are considering. If this crap passes, What if we were to persuade Governor Heineman and the Unicameral to do a state wide tax revolt, in that NO Nebraskan would pay any form of federal taxes? Of course, that would also mean, no money for federal health care or welfare programs, no federal road money, and no federal school money. We could boot the entire federal government out of our schools and teach FACTS, i think for the most part we can handle our road maintenance, and, those "professional welfare recipients" need to be made uncomfortable in it anyway... so, give them a 1 or 2 year limit, and that is it, or perhaps phase down the checks in $50 or $100 increments.... If you can't find yourself a job, create one. If, say, Texas and one or two other states were to join in...

just a thought.
A former member
Post #: 839
Here's just a thought;
"professional welfare recipients" need to be made uncomfortable in it anyway... so, give them a 1 or 2 year limit, and that is it, or perhaps phase down the checks in $50 or $100 increments.... "
Here's just another thought. A baby was inflicted with Polio in 1949. He's not expected to live but works his ass off for 3-1/2 years and finally leaves the hospital. He never accepts a dime of welfare, but is forced to retire early due to Post-Polio-Syndrome. Rather than going to the government, he starts a new business. He is having a hard time making it on little income and sells thousands upon thousands of savings and assets then, feeling like a failure, finally applies for SSDI. He is turned down and told to file SSI and Medicaid. After two more years, he gets $674 A MONTH! Then he is grouped together with a bunch of bums and told he'll have to be "phase down the checks in $50 or $100 increments." He can't find employment because he's 60 years old AND confined to a wheelchair.

So, who gets to tell him he's a bum, Scott? You? The f**king government? Are there bums drawing money when there is no reason, hell yes, I'd say the majority are bums. NOT ME, I paid thousands of dollars in taxes and insurance for 43 years.

My guess is, as health care costs increase, I'll soon be looking eye to eye with a death panel, but look at it like this, just one less bum to get off of the government's payroll, plus I won't have to feel ashamed to use my EBT card.
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 400
Howard: I understand. Soon to be 58 and long-time unemployed, I DESPISE using VA medical care. Tell me folks, WHAT CAN I DO? I don't want to be a drain on honest people's taxes. Why don't I just stop taking the meds and face a long, slow, painful death. Hell, I'm just a burden for everyone! What good am I anyway?
Jeffrey A R.
Checkeredsquare
Omaha, NE
Post #: 114
Howard: I understand. Soon to be 58 and long-time unemployed, I DESPISE using VA medical care. Tell me folks, WHAT CAN I DO? I don't want to be a drain on honest people's taxes. Why don't I just stop taking the meds and face a long, slow, painful death. Hell, I'm just a burden for everyone! What good am I anyway?

Sounds like you have it figured out: We all start buy asking "What can I do?" and you have.
Just keep seeking the answers for yourself looking to others and yourself for the answer. Participating here one of the best things you can DO. Remember most of us think government is not the answer it is the burden not people. The difference to watch for people who get some don't need help and get it they may be part of the problem not those who do and qualify.
A former member
Post #: 103
The disabled are not part of the problem. The problem is those who are physically able to work and choose not too. Welfare should be limited, not disability benefits. Howard and Richard , both of you paid into the system and worked hard. You should have no shame or guilt in receiving your benefits.
Suzanne and Doug C...
user 9315782
Omaha, NE
Post #: 173
Todd, you are right, we need to be careful about the name calling of those who relieve benefits. But I think the idea of a federal tax boycott has merit. I would gladly send the extra to the State of Nebraska. Keep our dollars local. As Judge Napolitano said last time I heard him fill in for Beck, " Government welfare is not charity. Charity is given by choice."
A former member
Post #: 845
I made up approximately what was TAKEN out of my paycheck since I was 16 years old (1965). I want you to PLEASE consider that this is a VERY conservative figure!

How about $285,000.00. This isn't including any inflation rates. From my actual returns (I saved my IRS papers) since 1985 $194,000.00! How many bums were making $60,000 to $75,000 a year from Clinton through Bush's first term?
A former member
Post #: 846
I forgot to add my wife's probems. She suffers from Systemic Lupus, Fibromyalgia and Glaucoma. She has been turned down by SSDI and twice for SSI. Her final attempt is go before a judge (which requires an attorney). Her doctor told us a month ago, if she doesn't take all of her meds and use oxygen at night, she'll never make it through 2010. She refuses to take the meds at $340.00 a month, plus $175.00 a month for oxygen. That adds up to $515.00 a month, just $3.00 short of our mortgage payment.

She made an appearance with her lawyers, Social Security and the judge. The judge asked the SS people, "why isn't she receiving benefits?" They asked for a continuance. That was in June 2009.
A former member
Post #: 855
We received a letter Saturday from my wife's attorney. Her pain Dr. sent a letter to them to file with the court. The letter says my wife requires her benefits immediately or she will die. The lawyer says the letter should move us ahead of everyone waiting for a docket date. He also said SS will want to move quickly now, or they would be open to a law suit.

Please pray for us!