addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Nelson makes it Heineman's choice. Let's call him!

Nelson makes it Heineman's choice. Let's call him!

A former member
Post #: 688

Please pray for us!

I will! That is pathetic what the government is doing to you and your wife! And it sure wouldn't happen to those Social Security people. It's amazing how many government workers CLAIM to be religious and then pull crap like they are doing to your wife. How many people have they MURDERED?!?!?!
A former member
Post #: 856
Thanks Lenny. The funny thing is (NOT ha, ha) the government TRIED to give me all kinds of benefits after I graduated high school. I didn't take a dime. My father always said, "The Brown family doesn't accept charity, we give it." That should help you understand my guilt. Actually, I feel the same way that Scott spoke about entitlements. But as was noted by Todd, I paid for these benefits for many years. It was set up as an insurance plan.

If you paid for car insurance for years without a claim, then got in a terrible accident, THAT is when you make a claim and are covered. Social Security is the same deal. Have them give me back my $285,000 and I won't ask Uncle Sam for anything else and return my wife's money and we'll be able to take care of our own medical needs and keep investing some as we go.
A former member
Post #: 689
That's exactly right, Howard. It is an insurance policy. I'm sure the rules are clear and not to be interpreted by uncaring civil servants. If Walmart or Sears treated THEIR customers with disrespect, they would be fired and that is exactly what should happen to careless government people!

Senators Nelson and Harkin claim to care for us, but I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that either of those two would help you out!!!
A former member
Post #: 491
Howard I'm sorry to hear of all your troubles. I believe that their should be help to people like you and your wife Howard. That's what is is there for. I believe though that it is not the government who should be helping the people however. Those who have the means to give. And I also agree that there are many who truely need and deserve the help and many more who have abused the system. I pray that we can get real people in soon who can begin to change so many things that are wrong right now. I always have hope. The government has been teaching us for years that's what they are there for to help the people. The government was established in such a way to protect the constitution and our rights not to help us. What it should be is the church and the community reaching out to help those in need. However we have lost this concept down the road in many ways. I'm not saying that all the churches have shut their doors but it's very different than many years ago. Howard I do hope that your wife gets the help that she so desperately needs. If I had anything at all to give to help you I really would. I can pray for you though. Take care.
scott
user 9035919
Fremont, NE
Post #: 116
I think Todd said it best, Howard. Those who are able to work and choose not to are the ones i meant need to be targeted, not those who have an actual reason they are unable to work. "Professional welfare recipients" was not meant to include persons who cannot work, only those who take every advantage they can of those who do. Unemployment compensation, for example, serves a useful role, but, it is only a temporary measure. Welfare compensation should likewise have a finite ending date, i think. Legitimate disability benefits, however, should not be messed with.
Meg
MegID
Lincoln, NE
Post #: 261
As federal taxpayers, we may be able to "opt out" of a public option if the language truly permits that, but that does not mean we will not still be paying our share of the $250 billion in new taxes every year, and we will not be able to "opt out" of any of the Medicare advantage or Medicare cuts.....

I know the argument is that even if we "opt out" of the healthcare bill, we will still have the Federal tax dollars taken from us, thats why I wrote the following in my post:

"I know the argument is that the Feds will still steal our tax dollars anyway, and we won't get the supposed "benefits" of it. But I swear I don't care anymore. Its NOT worth it. Its not worth us losing our freedom, its not worth the Federal government controlling our lives. Some state has to be willing to make that initial sacrifice. What a statement it would make for the state who's Senator was that all-important 60th vote, who's Senator was bought and paid for, who's Senator got them some federal "goodies", to say: Take your blankedy-blank goodies and shove them!! We don't want them!! Get the HELL out of our lives!!"

And we will have the Medicare cuts either way. So here are our two options:

Option 1. We DON'T Opt Out.
A. We pay more in Federal taxes
B. We take cuts in Medicare benefits
C. We get no better health care
D. The health insurance companies make MORE money than they do now
E. Worst of all we have the Federal government controlling our lives even more than they do now

Option 2. We Opt Out
We still have A through D above. The difference is we DON'T have the Federal government controlling our lives even more.

If Nebraska went first, we might have other states also willing to take such a stand. But I know we couldn't make the decision based on that assumption.

This fight is going to take drastic measures. It is going to take sacrifices to get them the he!! out of our lives.

A former member
Post #: 858
I think Todd said it best, Howard. Those who are able to work and choose not to are the ones i meant need to be targeted, not those who have an actual reason they are unable to work. "Professional welfare recipients" was not meant to include persons who cannot work, only those who take every advantage they can of those who do. Unemployment compensation, for example, serves a useful role, but, it is only a temporary measure. Welfare compensation should likewise have a finite ending date, i think. Legitimate disability benefits, however, should not be messed with.
Thank you Scott! I have been waiting to hear your response. As a true blue hippie from 1967 to 1973, we discussed snitches. They were lower than a "snakes belly." I was always a pretty smart guy, but I lacked wisdom. Wisdom can only be attained with age.

After going through this ordeal, I have snitched (unapologetically) on five people who have been living off of government benefits, that can and some who do, make money (cash). Four of the five no longer receive aid. One was charged with government fraud.

I strongly appeal to any of you, who happen to know someone getting aid, who you KNOW doesn't deserve help. Perhaps then my wife will get her benefits sooner.
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 429
Howard: I put your name on my prayer list near the top with Aimee. I pray your wife is immediately granted her petition.
Joel P.
user 10167145
Omaha, NE
Post #: 3
RE: Nelson makes it Heineman's choice. Let's call him!

I would be careful of forcing this on Heineman. Nelson has been trying to tie the "Cornhusker Kickback" to Heineman since this debacle started unfolding.

My belief is that if Nelson can get Heineman to turn down the help that wil give Ben justification for his vote. He can say that he only voted because of the deal he got but Heineman turned it down. This pushes some of the responsibility on Heineman.

This is all Nelson. He should be forced to own it. He can come out against the bill and do everything possible to block the bill moving forward. Or we can ask that this special deal be left in, which may be the basis for declaring the bill unconstitutional.
A former member
Post #: 696
Another thought would be to demand that the Nebraska Attorney General prosecute Obama, Reed and others for bribing Nelson with our money and prosecuting Nelson for accepting a bribe!