The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › We should force Ben Nelson to resign!

We should force Ben Nelson to resign!

Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 545
I think we should start a campaign to get Nelson to resign. It may sound unlikely but it will really put him and his cohorts on the defensive.
A former member
Post #: 98
Nelson would never resign, although I would love to see it. He would have to have a conscience for that , and he has already shown he is lacking in that dept.
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 546
I think just seeing the media asking him if he is going to resign would be priceless.
A former member
Post #: 214
Let's not forget this: 21csi earmark - 2007

How nice retirement would be....sigh...
A former member
Post #: 129

That is exactly what I say in this video.. also i am sending him a letter asking for just that, if we apply enough pressure...

We must Stand Strong

I am putting Nelson and others on a CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE OF INSTRUCTION that you do not have any LEGAL CONSTITUTIONAL authority to vote yes on this issue. Therefor, you must vote no or you will be in VIOLATION of your OATH OF OFFICE and subject to removal.

Congress lacks the constitutional authority to regulate and control the practice of medicine in the jurisdiction of the States.

Jerry Odom
www.jerryodom2010.com
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 420
I heartily concur. RESIGN BENDOVER!
A former member
Post #: 113
How ever you add it up. They are still a deficit spending. Raising the debt ceiling to pay off the bills are charging from one credit card to another and the penalties still add up but Ben Nelson could never be bought off. The federal government that never could afford the Medicare can pay off what they mandatory the spending on. Now the question to be are to keep freezing up and call it quit with the welfare state or to unfreeze the TARP funds and expand the money supply because there isn't any more free dole that are made by us or to be loaned out to us any more even for this January 2010.
A former member
Post #: 854
The federal government that never could afford the Medicare
WRONG! Roosevelt's liberal plan would have worked except because of the THEFT of a Democrat, LBJ. The plan was succeeding for 20 years AND the funds were growing with interest. LBJ borrowed from the funds and promised to pay every penny plus interest to fight an unjust war, Vietnam.

Then on March 31, 1968 he told the nation, "I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president."

Had LBJ and all of the following politicians left those funds alone, Medicare would be more than just solvent, there would be an abundance to cover the Baby Boomers. Of course not one dollar was paid back and people blame Medicare every time our economy is in dire straits.
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 562
The federal government that never could afford the Medicare
WRONG! Roosevelt's liberal plan would have worked except because of the THEFT of a Democrat, LBJ. The plan was succeeding for 20 years AND the funds were growing with interest. LBJ borrowed from the funds and promised to pay every penny plus interest to fight an unjust war, Vietnam.

Then on March 31, 1968 he told the nation, "I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president."

Had LBJ and all of the following politicians left those funds alone, Medicare would be more than just solvent, there would be an abundance to cover the Baby Boomers. Of course not one dollar was paid back and people blame Medicare every time our economy is in dire straits.

Howard, I think you miss the overall function of what happens to government. Your line of argumentation is similar to many who try defend government action. "The government program would have worked if..." We always end up getting stuck on the "if" part because not only does government change, so does life in general. The beauty of a free market system is it will correct flaws and errors. The beauty of a free market system is it does adjust to the processes in life.

A government program like Medicare do not. A person may be happy with the medicare coverage they receive but doctors have difficulty taking medicare clients because they may not get paid for another 90 days. With such restrictions, options become limited and costs go up. This is what people continually ignore.
A former member
Post #: 135
Andrew I agree with your comments, spot on and the "if" isgoing to be there always