The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Is a National Strike Reasonable?

Is a National Strike Reasonable?

Ed H.
Ed.H
West Point, NE
Post #: 207
National Strike January 20th – All Patriots on deck!

http://www.newfederal...­

The government we are experiencing in the United States is nothing like we have ever experienced before, and the people who realize this are fighting like mad to make sure everyone gets informed about this dangerous behavior. Mr. Obama has put in place radicals that should not be allowed in the corridors power of this country let alone any position that determines the fate of this country. We as patriotic Americans have to stand up and have our voices heard!

I as well as many others have come up with the idea of having a national strike to show our displeasure for the direction our elected officials are taking this country. Now is the time to join together with your friends and neighbors to attempt to save out country from these left leaning radicals.

Here are some general guidelines I would like to set forth for everyone to think about.

1.This movement is strictly a peaceful movement and in my mind the January 20th event should be to recruit, educate and solidify American Patriots in one focused goal.

The goal is to make America great again and to stop our destructive government from damaging our economic system, to stop the corruption within the government and to restore the hope and change we were promised. It is true the Patriots protecting America are it’s hope and change, and it’s best chance to make America great!

2. We need numbers to come out across the country and have a show of “force”. To show force one does not have to act in a violent manner by any means. This is intended to speak directly to the government and explicitly say, “WE ARE YOUR BOSSES”!

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

3. This is really just the start of our freedom movement – all options are on the table.
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,126

The goal is to ... ...to restore the hope and change we were promised. It is true the Patriots protecting America are it’s hope and change, and it’s best chance to make America great!

The last hing I want any part of is anything that uses the words Hope and Change, the Progressive/ Communist's battle cry. This call to action may or may not be a worthy effort, but the hopey changey thing has to go.
Ed H.
Ed.H
West Point, NE
Post #: 208
The hope and change language stinks. Are there enough patriots to impact Washington? Is this a credible course of action? What would the intended and unintended consequences of such a campaign be? Are there any other alternatives out there?
Lenny
user 9279444
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 676
A small business owner called into Rush Limbaugh's show yesterday (12-22-09) and stated that a good way to accomplish this if for all small business owners to start laying off people. That would be less tax revenue and all those people collecting unemployment.
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 549
Nancy S.
NPSmith
Omaha, NE
Post #: 995
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 551
I disagree with Hotair for several examples.
First off, it is NOT a boycott.
Secondly, if paired with an appropriate demonstration, it can be very powerful message.

http://hotair.com/gre...­

Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,129
I don't get it. We aren't supposed to be protesting our employers, that is something unions do as part of "negotiations". How does striking our employers do anything to send a message to our out of control government? Am I missing something here? I like my job, and everyone there hates this government. I dont get how this makes any sense.
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 557
I don't get it. We aren't supposed to be protesting our employers, that is something unions do as part of "negotiations". How does striking our employers do anything to send a message to our out of control government? Am I missing something here? I like my job, and everyone there hates this government. I dont get how this makes any sense.
Michael, you're missing the point. Many people do not attend a protest because they have to work. As a strike, more people would show up at the demonstrations and employers would have some idea why. They would realize how important the matter is to their employees. HOWEVER, the point is not to punish business but to bring people out on the streets. It can be very effective, particularly given our large numbers. When people attend demonstrations and know other have left work to demonstrate, it builds support.
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,134
OK, I get the idea to swell the demonstrations, and I do agree they are making a difference, but wouldn't this hurt the businesses? Maybe if the owners were let know ahead of time, and could put up signs or something, "closed due to out of control government".