The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Will this lead to a boycott of Omaha Steaks?

Will this lead to a boycott of Omaha Steaks?

Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 555
I will not be surprised if this turns out to be a boycott.
click here
Nancy S.
NPSmith
Omaha, NE
Post #: 997
Fred Simon donates to Democrats -- no wonder Benji is so huffy. If Omaha Steaks suffers, Simon only helped make it happen.
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 556
OUCH! So he is a prime Omaha Steak target! I am boycotting!
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 407
My brother USED TO buy Omaha Steaks. Notice the "used to"!
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,131
I saw Ben with his rant on CSPAN. Omaha Steaks was just a name that was thrown around like the Louisiana purchase referring to the bribe the congresswoman there took. Omaha steaks has nothing to do with it. In fact, later in Ben's rant, he didn't even know the name of the company he was "defending", and called it Nebraska Steaks. This was just another con job by Bennie boy to try to cover his fecal tracks.
Andrew
4capitalism
Omaha, NE
Post #: 558
I saw Ben with his rant on CSPAN. Omaha Steaks was just a name that was thrown around like the Louisiana purchase referring to the bribe the congresswoman there took. Omaha steaks has nothing to do with it. In fact, later in Ben's rant, he didn't even know the name of the company he was "defending", and called it Nebraska Steaks. This was just another con job by Bennie boy to try to cover his fecal tracks.

True, but it still exposes the fact Fred Simon of Omaha Steaks gives to Democrats. Boycotting Omaha Steaks would make Democrats leery of donating if they knew their business could end up being boycotted, particularly in this situation.
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 409
It is correct that Omaha Steaks was a nelson contributor. I looked it up (public record).
Suzanne and Doug C...
user 9315782
Omaha, NE
Post #: 172
the joke about Omaha Steaks is that most of the wives of the execs are vegans! We know the families. Also the meat they sell generally comes from South America. Think Chavez. Democrats support is no surprise.

Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 412
South America? I want only Nebraska corn-fed beef! It's the best anywhere.
A former member
Post #: 844
Omaha Stakes - Omaha Steaks. It was clearly a "play on words."

I worked in Phoenix for a year and beef lacked the flavor of the "corn fed" variety. I finally found a major grocery chain that kept Omaha Steaks separate from the generic beef in the area. It is no coincidence that in Las Vegas, there are signs galore and on menus, touting Omaha Steaks, but they are high priced. Around here, there are many places whose beef is of the same scale.

So I could boycott OS WITHOUT going to South America. My dad picked up our beef products at a meat locker (just outside of Des Moines) and it was second to none, because it was never frozen.