The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Taxation without representation

Taxation without representation

jack j.
user 9429328
Omaha, NE
Post #: 69
Here we go....California governor is asking the Federal government for 8 Billion in aid.

Now you and I will be forced to pay for the indiscretions of the California lawmakers without having the power or ability to vote those lawmakers into or out of office.

This is "Taxation without Representation" in the purest form and is something we must all stand against.

California's Liberal spending has buried them with debt and now they want you to pay for their spending in tax dollars.

I do not believe we the people can afford to pay for the bail out of wall street plus the bailout of individual states. If we allow this to happen there will be NO END to the consequences of that action.

It is Unconstitutional. What say you?
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,139
I say the Constitution is an inconvenience at best for the progressive/ Marxists in control of our government. Thigs like taxation without representation are foreign concepts to them, they could not care less. That is how far away from the understanding of freedoms endowed by our creator, and supposed to be protected by the Constitution, that they are.
Lenny
user 9279444
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 685
I say the Constitution is an inconvenience at best for the progressive/ Marxists in control of our government. Thigs like taxation without representation are foreign concepts to them, they could not care less. That is how far away from the understanding of freedoms endowed by our creator, and supposed to be protected by the Constitution, that they are.

It leads me to believe that even though a lot of politicians CLAIM to be religious and some even go to church, they ALL must be athiests. NO ONE who has a love of God could possibly do some of the things they do!
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 424
I've been taught to manage my money knowing that running out meant no other spending. My parents left it up to me to devise my own budget; a wise decision. I was told that I could never borrow my way out of debt. Tell me who in God's name taught these klowns?
Lenny
user 9279444
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 687
.....Tell me who in God's name taught these klowns?

They've been using our money to buy votes and they think we have an endless supply of money, but it's all coming to a head. Tons of people, including me, left California in the 1990s and exodus continues because of high taxes, illegal immigration, pro-homosexual and other liberal agendas. California's solution was to raise taxes on the remaining people and make it easier for illegal aliens to replace the people who left. More left so they raised taxes again and it continues.

Will the politicians ever accept the FACT that they are self-serving, arrogant and incompetent? NO!
Will the voters ever wise up? Probably here before they do in California.