The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › A good message

A good message

A former member
Post #: 879
Aimee, this is the first time I saw this thread. I knew you were having medical problems from your posts to me. You will remain in my prayers too.

You've found your way back unto the Lord and that is the most important thing that you can do. In the big scheme of our lives, none of these other daily trials have true meaning. I believe a major reason for America's troubles is due to our nation as a whole have lost their morals. Our founding fathers repeatedly warned us that without morals, this Democratic Republic would crumble away and we would find ourselves enslaved by a ruler. Well, it seems to be headed that way with profound speed.

The only reason that I have been involved in this movement so deeply, is for my 10 grandchildren. Until about six years ago, I had been away from the Lord for 40 years. Unlike many, I have been watching with my eyes wide open, seeing God be taken away from our schools, government and even in our social lives. I don't believe that we have had a true Christian for our President since Ronald Reagan. Bush talked the talk, but it always seemed like a canned message.

Take heed in the message of the book of Revelation 3:11-Behold, I come quickly, hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Suzanne and Doug C...
user 9315782
Omaha, NE
Post #: 181
Aimee,

I think I was happiest when I was pregnant. People who knew me well kept saying how different I was from the the skinny smoker they knew.

God bless you and your budding family. Enjoy the time that you can have your child completely within your care. I know I did. And don't let anyone tell you how much weight to gain. I was 215 pounds of mother love and enjoyed every minute of it.

Again, God bless. Can't wait to see the squishasaurus at a rally!!!!
A former member
Post #: 503
squishasauras! that is so cute!!! yah boy when people find out your prego they suddenly have alot of advice! hehe! ive actually been losing weight. but its because im so sick right now and im overweight as it is so not harmful!
Lenny
user 9279444
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 706
.......we are pregant!......

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!

Is it too early to tell you kid to pull my finger?!!!!biggrin
A former member
Post #: 506
.......we are pregant!......

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!

Is it too early to tell you kid to pull my finger?!!!!biggrin

omg! that is too funny Lenny! yah just a little bit!
Autumn F. C.
user 9062845
Omaha, NE
Post #: 128
I believe a major reason for America's troubles is due to our nation as a whole have lost their morals. Our founding fathers repeatedly warned us that without morals, this Democratic Republic would crumble away and we would find ourselves enslaved by a ruler. Well, it seems to be headed that way with profound speed.

I agree with you 100%, Howard. This land can only be free so long as its people honor the God who made it so. Only a moral people can be free, as Thomas Jefferson once said.

Congratulations on the pregnancy, Aimee!
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,148
The original thirteen nations that sent delegates to the Continental Congress were all bound with the idea that we are free at the time of our birth, and that our creator is our true governor. The King had no right to take from us the freedom we are inherently born with. Our faith, hope, and charity are to be decided by us, not for us. This is the ongoing struggle between free people, and those that want power to control other men. It has been going on for thousands of years, we are just the current front line. It is the protection of everything sacred. Benjamin Franklin said that the struggle to keep a free republic, is one that requires eternal diligence lest we slowly lose those freedoms.

The keystone of that struggle is knowing that these nations (states) and the union body we call the federal government ("The United States") were formed, and are based on, the laws of nature and freedom bestowed upon us by our creator. Most people have so pervertedly distorted the idea of "separation of church and state" that it is being used to eliminate that keystone.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

respecting an establishment of religion simply means that the government shall not make laws that help create (establish) a national religion.

Shall make no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof. This is a protection that was specifically included to prevent loss of those natural freedoms, and one that seems to always be overlooked in the "seperation of church and state" arguments.
Autumn F. C.
user 9062845
Omaha, NE
Post #: 130
It's so very interesting to note that states themselves can establish state religions. Four states had an official religion when the First Amendment was adopted in 1791, and those states continued with their official established religions for years before their legislatures abolished their recognition of them.

Federalism really is one of the most remarkable elements of the Constitution. When observed, it allows for all kinds of diversity (REAL diversity) to coexist peacefully in the same country. Real diversity of legal systems and social policies and religious observance within the skeleton framework of some very basic tenets, allows more people to be freer than with any other system ever created.
A former member
Post #: 508
we just got back from the hosptial...we lost our baby..we are okay and will take the next few days to grieve...God is good always
Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 443
Oh no. My condolences. I continue to keep you in my prayers.