addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Fact Check on Ben Nelson

Fact Check on Ben Nelson

Ed H.
Ed.H
West Point, NE
Post #: 226
Monday, January 04, 2010

Fact-Checking Ben Nelson [Grace-Marie Turner]
Sen. Ben Nelson is defending his vote to pass the Senate’s health-care legislation in a new television ad in his home state of Nebraska, but the points he makes show he either needs to force Congress to change the legislation to match his claims or rethink his support for final passage.

In an attempt to quell a firestorm of opposition to his casting the crucial 60th vote for the Senate bill, Nelson says, “With all the distortions about health-care reform, I want you to hear directly from me.”

He argues that the bill “lowers costs for families and small business, protects Medicare, finally guarantees coverage for preexisting conditions, and reduces the deficit. And it’s not run by the government.” Nelson adds, “I’m convinced this is right for Nebraska.”

Who wouldn’t vote for such a bill? If only Nelson’s comments were accurate.

Nelson wisely doesn’t mention the controversial “Cornhusker Kickback” that granted federal funding for his state’s Medicaid expansion, or the abortion language that the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops says does not guard against federal funding of abortion. But there are serious problems with the claims the senator does make.

http://healthcare.nat...­
A former member
Post #: 90
If Ben Nelson is dumb enough to think that this bill will reduce the Federal Deficit or worse, to believe that we believe that line, then he needs to add his name to the Democrat "not running" list and go away.

Bye, Bye, Ben. I think you are out of here.
A former member
Post #: 910
Maybe can write a book after his upcoming retirement. He can call it, "How to Lose a Senate Seat in a Week,After a Decade of Service"
Chris
crissy58
Omaha, NE
Post #: 514
Ed, just a mention of caution when it comes to FACT CHECK, they are extemely leftist. I wouldn't trust anything they say. Snopes, in my opinion is even questionable.
A former member
Post #: 184
Ed, just a mention of caution when it comes to FACT CHECK, they are extemely leftist. I wouldn't trust anything they say. Snopes, in my opinion is even questionable.

so True
A former member
Post #: 914
There are other places to check emails rather than just snopes. http://www.truthorfic...­ and
http://www.hoax-slaye...­