Announcing RED COW, the May Monthly Pint!!
One, two, the cow says "moo".
Three OR Four, the BEER pours.
Five, six, Happy Hour picks.
Seven or eight, who's earlier or later?
Nine, ten, let's do it again!
In May we head to the 50th Street & Xerxes Fulton Neighborhood for another fabulous venue: Red Cow. After a decade as co-owner at Blue Plate Restaurant, Luke Shimp opened the Red Cow featuring craft beer and gourmet burgers, along with charcuterie and cheese plates paired with fine wine.
*** Monthly Pint Specials ***
$3 Pints and $4 Pints (About half of each on tap)
$2.50 Off All Wines by the Glass
Extended Happy Hour Specials during The Monthly Pint
36 beer on tap (see below, +bottle & can), 32 wine by the glass
Half the beer listed below are $3 and about half are $4
Wine by the glass is discounted more than happy hour pricing, $2.50 off
Pork belly sliders are not to be missed for Happy Hour. Poutine of either duck confit balsamic onion goat cheese, or apple bacon blue cheese, or braised beef and summit beer cheese is great. (Off the discounted Happy Hour menu, you can also find bison burger, salmon burger, and (a favorite cheese of mine) manchengo on the barcelona burger.)
FYI: Free soda for our Designated Drivers and non-drinkers.
Remember, Red Cow at 7p on Monday May 13th, which is the day after Mother's Day.
*** Transportation ***
Street Parking. There is abundant street parking, most of which is free -especially on the east side- but other around 50th & France is meter; check carefully. Red Cow's front parking lot (and neighbor bakery) can hold only a few cars; avoid it! Use street parking, as I do. Our speedy Metro Transit runs on 50th Street, from downtown, directly in front of Red Cow and the Go Pass is awesome. Metro Transit goes downtown on 50th and easy to take transit from Southdale either north on Xerxes or north on France. Just East of Red Cow, off 49th @ Chowen is Lake Harriet UMChurch Lot with 35 spaces. (Close and just north of the big pile of dirt where The Waters is located.) Edina @50th has THREE Lots where parking is free for 3 hours: NORTHNorthWEST Ramp "North of W. 49 1/2 Street" and West of Edina Realty / Walgreens; the encircled MIDDLESouthWEST Ramp "South of W. 49 1/2 Street" and West of France BEHIND Decori Designs; and the SOUTHEAST Ramp, "South of 50th yet north of W. 51st Street" East of Lund's." Note: Grand Place parking has a Fee. Pedestrians cross 50th Street at yellow Crosswalks as well as corners; drivers MUST yield. Please leave the Lunds lot south of D'Amico for Lunds patrons & remember Street Parking is 30ft from corners, 5ft from driveways.
*** RSVPs ***
Remember to RSVP accurately. You can always change it later.
Remember to tip well for good service! We have a reputation to uphold.
Cheers and see you at the Pint!
- Crispin Original Cider (Mpls, MN) Hard Apple Cider
- Bell’s Two Hearted (Marshall, MI) American IPA
- Brau Brothers Moo Joos (Lucan, MN) American Porter
- Brooklyn Lager (Brooklyn, NY) Red Lager
- Deschutes Mirror Pond (Bend, OR) American Pale Ale
- Deschutes Was Black Butte (Bend, OR) Northwest Porter (Seasonal, Changes Often)
- Delirium Tremens (Belgium) Belgian Golden Ale—"Best Beer in the World!"
- Duvel Single (Belgium) Belgian Pale Ale
- Fulton Lonely Blonde (Mpls, MN) Blonde Ale
- Fulton Sweet Child Of Vine (Mpls, MN) American IPA
- Goose Island Matilda (Chicago, IL) Belgian Strong Pale Ale
- Guinness (Ireland) Stout
- Harriet Brewery West Side (Mpls, MN) Belgian IPA
- Indeed Daytripper (Mpls, MN) Pale Ale
- Indeed Midnight Ryder (Mpls, MN) Black IPA
- Lift Bridge Farm Girl (Stillwater, MN) Farmhouse/Saison
- Lagunitas Pilsner (Petaluma, CA) Czech Pilsner
- Lucid Foto (Minnetonka, MN) American IPA
- Nitros! Was Summit Oatmeal Stout Nitro (St.Paul, MN) Stout (Seasonal, Changes Often)
- New Belgium Shift (Fort Collins, CO) Pale Lager
- New Belgium Rampant (Fort Collins, CO) Imperial IPA
- Odells Red (Fort Collins, CO) Red Ale (Seasonal, Changes Often)
- Odells IPA (Fort Collins, CO) American IPA
- Paulaner Hefeweizen (Germany) Hefe-Weizen
- Surly Seasonal (Brooklyn Center, MN) (Seasonal, Changes Often)
- Surly Furious (Brooklyn Center, MN) IPA
- Surly Cynic (Brooklyn Center, MN) Saison
- Stone Arrogant Bastard (Escondido, CA) Strong Ale
- Stone Pale Ale (Escondido, CA) Pale Ale
- Summit EPA (St.Paul, MN) Pale Ale
- Summit Saga (St. Paul, MN) IPA
- Paul's Choice, replacing Summit Old 152 (St.Paul, MN) Rye Beer
- Paul's Choice, replacing Badger Hill 3 Tree Rye (Minnetonka, MN) American Rye
- Tyranena Rockies Revenge (Lake Mills,WI) Bourbon Brown Ale
- Sprecher RootBeer (Milwauke,WI) Root Beer
- Paul's Choice (He is from Mendota Heights, MN) "Paul won't steer you wrong"
ALSO 32 Wine by the Glass:
- Votre Sante Pinot Noir G/B
- Paso a Paso Tempranillo G/B
- Coppola Rosso G/B
- Lazy Creek “Sky High” Pinot Noir G/B
- Jacuzzi Barbera G/B
- Cusamano Nero d’Avola G/B
- Cline “Cool Climate” Syrah G/B
- Laya Grenache-Mouvedre G/B
- Castello Monaci Primitivo G/B
- Coppola Director’s Merlot G/B
- Frog’s Leap Zinfandel G/B
- Haut-Montplasir Cahors Malbec G/B
- Ferrari-Carano Siena G/B
- McManis Cabernet Sauvignon G/B
- Orin Swift F1 G/B
- Hindsight Cabernet Sauvignon G/B
- Graffigna Pinot Grigio G/B
- St. Innocent Pinot Gris G/B
- Shaya Verdejo G/B
- Coppola Bianco G/B
- Verdiallac Savignon Blanc G/B
- Three Brooms Sauvignon Blanc G/B
- Tangent Albarino G/B
- Gamling & McDuck Chenin Blanc G/B
- Gundlach Bunshu Gewürztraminer G/B
- Gournier Viognier G/B
- Saintsbury Vin Gris Rosé G/B
- Hedges CMS White G/B
- Perrin Cotes du Rhone Blanc G/B
- Drouhin “Laforet” White Burgundy G/B
- Saracina Unoaked Chardonnay G/B
- Martin Ray “Russian River” Chardonnay G/B
And Bubbles, too
- Riondo Prosecco G
- Kenwood Brut G/B
- Domaine St Michelle Blanc de Blanc G/B