Anti-Social Social (ASS) Club Message Board › Git Yo' ASS to the Winery!

Git Yo' ASS to the Winery!

Linda
Linda_G
Bel Air, MD
Post #: 62
The winery in question is the Mount Felix Winery, in Havre de Grace, MD. This is located 0.5 miles to the east of I-95 when you take the Route 155 exit (to HdG) and it's on the right - once you hit 0.4 mi SLOW DOWN and put on your turn signal (I know, REAL ASSes don't USE turn signals but you don't want to get (ha ha) REAR-ENDED) because it comes up rather suddenly beyond a stand of trees.

www.mountfelix.com

Any day but Monday, hours are 11am or 12pm to 8pm. There are five (5) tall bar chairs and a few additional chairs - otherwise standing room, but this is in the Wine Shed - Mary and Peter were finishing up a new building which will host tastings in the future which will have more room, and by now it may even be done. Trouble, Travis, I know you were interested in joining me...anyone else? Then we just need to figure out a time/date good for everyone. If you have never been to HdG, downtown is great and worth checking out - there is Bomboy's Candies (yum) and Ice Cream, plus a lot of cool stores and galleries, never mind restaurants which have views of the Chesapeake Bay and good food.

So let's figure it out and go - for a paltry $5, you will be treated to a free glass, tasting of each of their 7 wines, and a goodly deal of local history as well. I know - Harford County! But it's worth the trip.
7rOuble
user 9042787
Columbia, MD
Post #: 13
I'm in for this one as well. A weekend would be best for me, however.

Again, I'll check the calendar on my other computer and throw out a few of dates some time this week.

TTYL
:-)
A former member
Post #: 2
Im down with this....so when when when?
Here are some dates to think about...

April 4th
April 10/11/12
April 18/19

After that...no clue.
7rOuble
user 9042787
Columbia, MD
Post #: 16
so far those dates are good for me.

sorry I've been away for a few days (sometimes life gets reeeaal busy)!

confused
Linda
Linda_G
Bel Air, MD
Post #: 67
April 4 I'm being a Deadhead down at the Potomac Grille in Rockville. I think the next weekend (Easter we are headed north to CT to see my mom. The following weekend, the 18th I am again being a Deadhead in the evening with the Mont Co Deadheads - organizer gave me the heads up that there will be another "concert party" at a location as yet undisclosed.

However, here's the thing. The winery opens at noon, and Friday 4/3 or Sunday 4/5 would be OK for me, as would Friday 4/17 or Sunday 4/19 - or those Saturdays a little earlier in the day, say 3 PM?

Missy I am glad to meet you - hope to meet you in person soon! :)

Also - would 3/27 -29 work for anyone? The Kite Fest is 3/28 and that's right this is Trouble's daughter's bd weekend so maybe not the best.

Take care must run get ready for work (WORK! UGH!)
Travis
CoyoteDen
Bel Air, MD
Post #: 14
Any Saturday or Sunday in April, any time of day works for me.
Can't do Friday afternoons.
Linda
Linda_G
Bel Air, MD
Post #: 86
April 19 sound good with all? It's a Sunday - say, 3-ish? I'm flexible on time - it could be earlier. But not before 1 please as I will be needing serious yoga therapy in the morning to recover from Hippie Volleyball and staying up late. Maybe also some pre-wine or post-wine exploring of historical downtown Havre de Grace (really picturesque)?
Nell
user 8721431
Towson, MD
Post #: 10
This sounds like fun though a good hour drive for me. I'll have to see what's going on that day but I'm probably in!
A former member
Post #: 1
My mom is coming into town that day but I will check with her to see if she's interested...if it's ok that we tag along? :-)
A former member
Post #: 1
That day works for me - I'm excited to do go to my first ASS event. Especially one involving wine! Great idea, Linda!