addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Anti-Social Social (ASS) Club Message Board › Hey. We need to do something.

Hey. We need to do something.

A former member
Post #: 100
My brain is too numb from grading to have any lucid and creative ideas at the moment - my eyes are locked on June 5 - my last day of classes, and the day a HS friend is stopping in for a couple days en route to NYC from Charleston SC.

Anyone up for a meetup? There's a Gallery Crawl in Fell's Point the first Friday of every month - and I think First Fridays will be starting up again in Fell's Point/Canton. That's just a couple ideas - but if I had the chance to introduce my pal to any of my Meetup friends - y'all are my first pick, because actually - she's a bit of an ASS, too.

Summer's here - let's rock.

ASSette Linda

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey, I was thinking similar things. I'm new to the area and don't know much, but I was checking out Silver Spring yesterday and there was this Irish Pub that looked cool. We could all get together there on a weekend or something and have drinks.

This would be pretty easy to do I think. We could pick a Friday or Saturday, say June 5th or 6th at 8ish or something and all meet up there. Again, I don't know the area to well so I don't if this is a good spot or not.

The pub crawl sounds like a great idea too! I think that's the 5th, would be great to do that.

ASSette Ingi
7rOuble
user 9042787
Columbia, MD
Post #: 39
I've been soooo overwhelmed with busy teen-drama issues (fighting to take on a friend of my sons as a foster child - long story). Anyway, so far June 5 sounds like it might be drama-free, and the Fells crawling Definitely sounds fun. Count me as a tentative yes. Will let all know if anything drama-related comes up.

:-)
A former member
Post #: 101
I could be up for trying out that Silver Spring pub earlier in the evening June 6 - am supposed to be in Rockville around 9-ish for the evening. Ingi, definitely put up more info about that location - the DC Metro ASSes would be amenable to that. Think we could meet up a little earlier - late 6-ish or early 7-ish? I hate to drink and run.

For any interested, there is Grateful Dead Night at the Potomac Grille on June 6 starting around 9. Good food too (ahi tuna yum yum yum with GOOD wasabi....ahahahahaha!)

The Gallery Crawl on June 5 - it is bunch of the art galleries and there are many. Of course, all throughout there are watering holes of various sorts. I have a friend coming in from out of town and that may be what we do Friday night - she's never visited Baltimore, really (just got off the highway late at night and got totally lost in a not very great section of town)

Sounds like a groovy plan. A Kick-ASS weekend to start off my summer!
A former member
Post #: 19
Well darn it! I will be in Martha's vineyard all next weekend...
But for anyone who wants to do some Comedy.. Im hosting a comedy show event this Friday at MaGooby's in Carney..doors open at 8:15 show is at 9...this Friday...not next friday....but this one coming.
A former member
Post #: 2
Ohh that sounds fun for this Friday!! Where is MaGooby's? Short notice, but sounds fun.

Pub crawl, I will put my name down as a yes next weekend! Just let me know when and where.

I will check out that location and post stuff. BTW, do we need to email Jeff to set this stuff up as actual meetings?
A former member
Post #: 102
Try emailing him. I have before but never hear back from him. It's like he's....I don't know, anti-social or something. I actually find the irony rather humorous but it would be great if we could actually use all the contact features and RSVP features of the site - but without the Organizer promoting someone to ASSistant Organizer status - it ain't happenin'.

We are left therefore with the message boards. C'est la vie.

OK I am going to look into this Gallery Crawl more in depth. Went a few months ago with Charm City Social Club and what we found was, you really need to take a little time prior to the evening to confirm operation hours with each gallery so you've got the real scoop....some of them were closed that were on the list. And of course we can investigate watering holes or grab something to eat somewhere. I'm leaning towards at least stopping in at Bertha's, as I will have an out-of-towner in tow.

If anyone has input they'd like to offer as to what this first time visitor to Baltimore should not miss, it would be great to hear your opinions. Thanks, Fellow ASSes and ASSettes

ASSette Linda
A former member
Post #: 11
Ingi - I live in Laurel also. I'm getting a ride with someone who lives in Columbia. Let me check with her and see if there's room for one more. Maybe you can ride with us.

ASSette Elly

P.S. - Hi Linda!!!
A former member
Post #: 12
Ingi - Oh yeah... I'm talking about a ride to the Comedy Club on Friday the 29th.
A former member
Post #: 103
Magooby's sounds like fun, and not only fun, it's just a few miles down the road from B'Lair.

Check it out. May is Teacher Appreciation Month. I can get in free! Missy, is it an all age show? My 15 year old would love to come and since we listen to Lewis Black while decorating the house for Christmas as a family tradition, I'm not really concerned about him shrivelling up if someone drops the F bomb.

Thanks for bringing up the idea! Hey folks - this sounds like a good 'un.

PS. Hi, Elly! See you there!