Anti-Social Social (ASS) Club Message Board › Meeting Ideas/Places WANTED

Meeting Ideas/Places WANTED

A former member
Post #: 22
Thinking way ahead here:

Fell's Point Fun Festival, Baltimore, United States

01 Oct 2009 - 31 Oct 2009 Date to be confirmed

The Fell's Point Fun Festival celebrates Baltimore's original deep water seaport, Fell's Point, in exuberant fashion, with more than 700,000 visitors descending on the area. The festival showcases the area's history, its businesses, its charming 18th and 19th century residences and Baltimore city life in general. It features more than 100 arts and crafts vendors, an international bazaar, art works on display, a flea market, activities for kids and plenty of music and entertainment.

Times
11:00-7:00 daily

7rOuble
user 9042787
Columbia, MD
Post #: 50
I may be volunteering there this year. If not, I certainly know people who are.

:-)
Linda
Linda_G
Bel Air, MD
Post #: 127
Fell's Point Fun Festival is a definite OH YEAH. I went last year and had a boffo good time. Got a new lunchbox (Nightmare Before Christmas in purple) some totally groovy Wind River clothes for totally cheap, (83% off) and a periwinkle Tshirt that says "Free Radical". Also some buttons like "Reunite Gondwanaland". Ohhhhh the shopping opps are simply sublime, food food food, and - it's Fell's Point.

So looks like the actual weekend is still to be decided. When it's known, I'll post it. We can decide as to whether we want our official meetup day to be Sat or Sun, and what our start time will be - of course, the beauty of cell phones is that people naturally feel obligated to report "where they are" within 10 seconds of answering, so late-comers can always find the group.

Groovy - later - ASSette Linda
A former member
Post #: 1
Artscape?
largest free art festival in the US.

http://www.artscape.o...­
Linda
Linda_G
Bel Air, MD
Post #: 130
Artscape would be awesome. I'm going to try to go on Friday, but the rest of the weekend I'm going to be in DC at a conference. If I go on Friday, it will probably be in the day. I have to check into this more -

Would anyone like to head up an Artscape Meetup on either Saturday or Sunday?
A former member
Post #: 50
As Elsie mentioned, I'm in NOVA, and I'd like to know when are you gonna get your ASSes down here!? If I didn't already organize for 3 or 4 other meetups I'd volunteer my own time, but maybe we should look into having an open call for an Ass. Organizer in NOVA. I could always provide suggestions....any ASS would truly appreciate any one of the plays that makes it's way on to the Woolly Mammoth Stage in DC (typically offbeat comedies), or River Tubing on the Shenandoah or Potomac, Museums, etc. I just know I'd like the opportunity to possibly meet some of the local ASSes!!

-Christian Z