addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Anti-Social Social (ASS) Club Message Board › Drinks tonight?

Drinks tonight?

Joe
user 11029381
Highland, MD
Post #: 41
Actually, I ended up not going to Olney at all yesterday. I used to go to the Olney Ale House for the vegi chilli but it's been a while since I've been there. I drive past it and it doesn't seem to be closed. I went to the Olney Tavern (dumpy) some and really liked BJ pumpernickle for breakfast but it closed up so they could build a Harris Teeter (which makes four grocery stores within a 1/4 mile radius). The Sakura is ok as is the Belgian restaurant (except my jacket was stolen there). The Olney Grill is good but the Stained Glass Pub is a bit of a dump. Wasabi Zen is pretty good too. Note most of these are food choice places i.e. I eat out a lot. Don't do bars much just for drinking so I'm not a great one to ask for Happy hour places. I wouldn't think the Olney Ale House would be too great if as many A.S.S.es showed up as the last happy hour event ..... unless we grouped outside (they've got outdoor seating)as space inside is fairly limited. If Linda (or someone else) were to plan a close in happy hour I'd probably be just as happy doing something around Columbia as it would be different for me. I suggested Looney's in Maple Lawn before. I know other people that like PubDog but I've been there once for lunch and it has zero atmosphere. Food was ok and decent beer. Anyway ..... I should be working.
Joe
user 11029381
Highland, MD
Post #: 42
I love my dog.

Rebecca - Read my Intro to this meetup group. It says:

"I have been known to prefer the company of my dogs to humans. But there are a lot of places I like to go where they don't allow dogs so I figured I'd hang out with you."

smile
A former member
Post #: 53
I love my dog.

"I have been known to prefer the company of my dogs to humans. But there are a lot of places I like to go where they don't allow dogs so I figured I'd hang out with you."

smile

Joe - I replied to you earlier, but it got lost amongst everyone else's posts. How about a meet-up in Olney? Of course, you would have to be the Event Host (eeee gads), since we'd be doing this for YOU! Where's a good place for libations and eats?
A former member
Post #: 54
I love my dog.

smile

Joe - I replied to you earlier, but it got lost amongst everyone else's posts. How about a meet-up in Olney? Of course, you would have to be the Event Host (eeee gads), since we'd be doing this for YOU! Where's a good place for libations and eats?

Joe - I just saw your post. Oooo, let's do Looney's.
Joe
user 11029381
Highland, MD
Post #: 44
"you would have to be the Event Host"

If you're suggesting that I actually DO something ..... I'll have to leave this thread. Organizing is for ...... well ....... organized people! biggrin
A former member
Post #: 55
Joe - you're such an ASS. You want everyone to do all the grunt work while you just sit back and enjoy the festivities. Oh wait, you're not an ASS.... you're SMART! Oh, and yes, I'll be the event host. Don't go worrying your grumpy little head off. You won't have to do a thing but show up!
Maya
user 8656478
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 9
okay guys ... enough chatter already ... We need some action!

How about drinks tonight plus a week? Somewhere central? Back to Houlihan's in Columbia?

I'll host if Linda posts. (she cooks and rhymes too!)

Wednesday night? We could celebrate April Fool's Day Eve! (a fine yet neglected holiday)

Anyone with me?

Come on now ... you know you want to.

They say all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. I think all talk and no play makes him even duller!
Joe
user 11029381
Highland, MD
Post #: 49
okay guys ... enough chatter already ... We need some action!

How about drinks tonight plus a week? Somewhere central? Back to Houlihan's in Columbia?

I'll host if Linda posts. (she cooks and rhymes too!)

Wednesday night? We could celebrate April Fool's Day Eve! (a fine yet neglected holiday)

Anyone with me?

Come on now ... you know you want to.

They say all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. I think all talk and no play makes him even duller!

Ah ...... didn't you get the memo? Happy Hour at Looney's on the 9th. Can't you wait a few more days?
Maya
user 8656478
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 10

Ah ...... didn't you get the memo? Happy Hour at Looney's on the 9th. Can't you wait a few more days?

Is that egg on my face? The original definition if you please! ;-)

Yeah ... I guess I missed the memo ... I suppose I can wait a few more days ... if I must

Just one problem ... what am I going to do in celebration of April Fool's Day Eve?

Then again ... I've never celebrated it before so I suppose it can go on being just plan ol' March 31st!