OK, I'm dying to camp, so let's do a trip I've been thinking about for a while! We are going to kayak camp along the Mullica River!
We'll meet at noon at Bel Haven Paddlesports to consolidate kayaks onto Meri's trailer and other multi-kayak capable transports. We will leave as many cars as possible at Bel Haven. We'll then shuttle up to Atsion Lake for the Mullica River put in. We'll paddle leisurely down the Mullica, passing lots of wildlife, run the beaver dam rapids, and arrive at the Mullica River Campsite.
We'll camp overnight, and then head out sometime in late morning to finish the paddle down to Bel Haven. We'll take out at Bel Haven and shuttle back to the Atsion vehicles.
1. I have booked one group campsite that holds 6 people/2 tents. I am assuming Wondermutt will take up one slot, so I have 4 others left. Leave a comment if you want to share with us (bring your own tent :) ) First come, first serve.
2. As of right now, there is one other group site that holds 6 people available at this campground. I recommend booking quickly!
3. This is a paddle in/paddle out site. You must be able to transport all your gear and food in your kayak.
4. These are primitive campsites. There are pit toilets and potable water available though.
5. This trip will be held rain or shine, with the exception of severe weather. Any cancellations will be made by 8am the day of the paddle.
6. This trip is run by the DVK, not Bel Haven, they are simply kind enough to let us use the parking lot. :)
PFD (no exceptions, must be worn at all times)
Tent and other camping gear
Camping spots are limited, and you may only camp if you have a confirmed spot at one of the two possible campsites.
Map of the area: The entire paddle takes 7-9 hours - plan on paddling 3-4 hours each day.
Meri can be reached the day of the paddle at[masked] (text preferred since I'm mildly phone-phobic. :) )
Important: The Delaware Valley Kayakers collects no dues and assumes no responsibility.
NOTICE: By attending an event you are agreeing that YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY AT ALL TIMES. No member of the group EXCEPT YOURSELF can be held responsible for any damages, accidents, or liabilities incurred while paddling with us.
Paddling is an inherently dangerous sport. Information is provided with the understanding that the providers are not engaged in rendering advice on technical matters, equipment performance, safety, or any other aspect of the sport in absolute terms or advocating any of the techniques or experiences described.