May 18, 2013 · 9:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Troy meadows is a 3.100 acres of natural preserve in Parsippany Troy Hills Morris County, NJ along with the Great Swamp it is one of the remnants of glacial lake Passaic. It was designated a National natural landmark in 1967. It offers a pleasurable sight to fall in love with nature. Join us to EXPLORE this beauty in the middle of the urban areas .
KAYAKER LEVEL :
* Beginners and up ( NOT YOUR FIRST TIME )
BOAT LENGHT :
* Plastic yaks 10 to 14 Feet the best option.
* Kayaks 14 to 16 Feet is up to your capabilities to maneuver it.
CONTACT NUMBER :
* Victor M Quintero[masked]-2549.
* I Have done a portion of it ( 4 Miles the other 6 will be EXPLORATION )
* Ability to go over, under and climb possible obstructions.
* PFD'S required
* Spray skirt ( Optional )
* Extra gear such a emergency paddle, sponge. rope and water pump.
* Bring lunch and water
* Dress polyester or quick dry fabrics
* Distance : 10 Miles round trip ( Might be less )
* Duration : 6 Hrs. or less
* The D.V.K collects NO money, NO dues and assumes NOT responsibilities for your own safety.
* Please don't get into the water before safety meeting.