Jul 13, 2013 · 8:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
JBWR is a wildlife refuge in NY city that is manage by the National Park service as part of the Gateway National Recreation Area.
It is composed of the open water and intertidal salt marshes of Jamaica Bay. It lies entirely within the boundaries of NY city.
The refuge provides habitat for a wide variety of flora and fauna both marine and terrestrial.
PADDLERS'S LEVEL :
* Intermediate and UP
KAYAK LENGHT :
* 14 Feet and up
* EXPLORATION TRIP ( MY FIRST TIME HERE )
* Spray skirt ( Strongly recommended )
* Extra gear such as extra paddle, pump, sponge, rope and ....
* Pack lunch, water and goodies
* Sunscreen, binoculars and more
* Distance ; 14 to 16 Miles
* Duration ; 6 to 7 Hrs
* No shuttle required
* PLEASE ; BE ON TIME
* The D.V.K collects NO money, NO dues and assumes NO responsibilities for your OWN safety
* Please, don't go into the water before our safety talk