The Grove welcomes Clinton Warren for a WordPress developers workshop- open for all experience levels!
Last year Clint wrote a blog post "How I Grew My WordPress Business 400% in 2012". This presentation is the followup to that post.
Clint will cover everything he has learned over the past 3 years building a career with WordPress. When describing this presentation he explains that, "This is the presentation I wish I had seen when I started out." His goal is to help people who have an existing freelance business or agency, or are considering making money with WordPress. Many of the tips and tools apply to building any business. The presentation will include plenty of case studies, sample proposals, tips, tools, and resources.
Some highlights include:
• The biggest mistakes early on (hint: not putting everything in writing)
• The best tools to streamline development and project management
• The best resources to continuously generate new leads and get clients in the sales funnel
• How to continuously increase your earning potential through ongoing training and personal development
• Best practices to maintain a professional image & reputation
• How to effectively sell and market yourself and your business
• Building a powerful network both online and in person
• How to price projects & start charging more
3 years ago Clint left a career in finance to become a personal trainer, building simple websites to pay the bills. He stumbled into WordPress by accident, and quickly decided to dive in headfirst. Since then, in a 'tough economy', He has watched his freelance business (http://www.clintonwarren.com) grow by triple digits year after year, he has become a partner at a design agency (http://www.kimronemusdesign.com), and he has founded a WordPress educational business (http://www.illuminatewp.com). Clint co-organizes 5 meetup groups from Stamford to New Haven and is an instructor at the Brooklyn Innovation Center and Stamford Innovation Center. His biggest passion is helping others & teaching.