Open to anyone those who are FIT
Where : Jog Falls and Gokarna Beach Trek
Event Type : 2 day weekend Trek
Difficulty level : Easy to medium .
Jog Falls (Kannada: ಜೋಗ ಜಲಪಾತ), created by the Sharavathi River falling from a height of 253 meters (829 ft) is the highest plunge waterfall in India, located in Shimoga District of Karnataka state, these segmented falls is a major tourist attraction.
Apart from Shiv temple, Gokarna is famous for its beautiful beaches and landscapes. The main beaches in Gokarna are the Gokarna beach, Kudle Beach, Om Beach, Half moon Beach and Paradise Beach (also known as Full moon). The Gokarna beach forms the coast of the town while the other four beaches lie to the south of Gokarna. Kudle and Om are around 6 km from Gokarna town along a muddy hill; they are accessible by rickshaw or foot. Half moon and Paradise are beyond Om beach and are accessible only by foot or boat. Om beach is named so because it is shaped like the auspicious ॐ [Om] symbol. Om beach is the only naturally Om shaped beach. Two other beaches - Paradise and Half Moon - are smaller and remote beaches .
Above Pics captured by Chandra
What we try to do ?
Day1 : Beach Trekking along the coastline from Gokarna Beach to OM Beach [12km]
Day2 : Jog Falls [Descending 1200 steps and trekking down to the waterfalls if time permits]
Tentative Itinerary: [Things may vary a little later]
8:20 PM : Bus to HUBLI from M.G.B.S. (Airavat A/C)
6 AM : Hubli station to Gokarna [Get into Booked Vechicle]
7 AM : Breakfast
12 AM : Lunch & Beach Trek from Gokarna / Kudle / Om / Half Moon / Paradise [12km]
8 PM : Stay in Om : Temple Visit if time permits in the night
4 AM : Wake up call
5 AM : Om to Jog Falls
7 AM : Trekking in Jog Falls
12 noon : Jog Falls to Hubli Station.
4 PM : Hubli to Hyderabad Train (Sleeper) to reach Begumpet by 6AM Monday (28 Oct).
Things to Bring:
1. A rucksack / haversack (a bag) to put all your stuff and hang on your back (try to carry less than 6kilos),
2. Water bottles - which can carry 3 liters,
3. Sport / trekking / walking shoes, with minimum 3 pair socks,
4. Torch / headlight / flash light,
5. Photo identity (Govt. Issued),
6. Sleeping bag / bedsheet,
7. Plastic bags to carry trash you create,
8. Toiletries, clothing, inner wear as per your convenience (No jeans please, track pants and T shirts recommended).
1. Refreshments / energy bars (to make new friends),
2. Plastic box manage with a packing given by the vendors,
3. Personal medicines (we carry basic first aid kit),
4. Sun hat,
5. Mosquito cream / insect repellent,
6. Camera (to make others jealous of what they missed)
Rs. 2900/-. We will share the cost if it is more than this , mostly it won't be. If we plan to stay in a rented accommodation, that would be shared accordingly. [Food is excluded.., Please bring your favorite food].
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) Food will be mostly vegetarian
5) We carry basic first aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
6) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
Contact : Charan :[masked]
Name: Charan Kumar M
Account No: [masked]
IFSC: ICIC[masked] (ICICI, Mindspace Branch)
(Please comment transaction id, when you make payment.)