add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › Friendship Force, Ride Board Association-Serving Each Others Needs and Resources

Friendship Force, Ride Board Association-Serving Each Others Needs and Resources

Susie L.
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 10
Companies like to hire extras, crew, and folk who are local and live in town preferably, because they want those workers readily available at a snap, and who will not pay for hotel and travel for extras. Companies need more people to hire as well as extras who need and look for work.

I suggest there be a Friendship Force type association formed to help those who need to work in and out of town who cannot afford hotel rooms and long distant travel. Reason for such an organization is so the members can get to know and trust each other and feel safe and comfortable sharing rooms, being guest, serve as temporary or permanent roommates, and/or riding with each other.

I suggest there be a ride board for those who need rides and/or passengers to ride and share expenses when traveling to other cities to work in films.

This idea will help facilitate and create the desire for employers to employ out of towners like me and many others around the state to work. If it weren't for my friends and passengers I would not have been able to do the number of films I did in and out of town. Other extras feel the same way.

It sure saves us money, give us better ability to get work and it will give companies and employers a ready available workforce. This creates an economy for those who have little money and helps them make more money, so they can afford rooms, finer restaurants, etc. in the future.

A Hospitality or A Friendship Force also helps those who come from out of town to get to know the town better such as a Convention and Visitors Bureau. They need to know where Churches are, their schedules of Services and Masses, Laundries, Groceries, etc. I found this very beneficial to those who work crew, and for my guests out of town. They got what they need in a snap, feel comfortable and safe, etc. because of our Red Carpet treatment. This will also keep them coming to town and help our industry and economy grow. We are a moving community.

Fellowship is also something that is very necessary to make life and work much easier. We also help them celebrate holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, weekends, etc. Because I was treated so well I never feel homesick. I am at Home away from Home. They feel the same way.

Susie Labry
Louisiana Sunshine
A former member
Post #: 1
My name is Aubrey McLaughlin and I am graduating in May from University of New Orleans with a BA in Liberal Arts consentrating on film. Once I graduate I need to get started in getting hired on a movie set. This field is what I have always dreamed of working in. I know it takes hard work and dedication and I offer all of that. What ever is available to me would be greatly appreciated. If you are at all interested in giving me a chance please give me a call at 504-952-6945.