align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › Event details changed: The HURD Casting Network Monthly Meetup March Meetup

Event details changed: The HURD Casting Network Monthly Meetup March Meetup

Wayne Douglas M.
WDMorgan
Group Organizer
Metairie, LA
I've updated this event. For more details, see the full listing: http://filmind.meetup...­

If the change affects your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP 'No' or 'Maybe' as well as 'Yes'.)

You can always get in touch with me through the 'Contact Organizer' feature on the Meetup.com website: http://filmind.meetup...­

HELLO EVERYONE,

UNFOTUNATELY WE WILL NEED TO RESCHEDULE THE HURD CASTING MEETUP SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY AT 6PM. IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THERE IS A VERY IMPORTANT ACTING CLASS SCHEDULED TO BE GIVEN DURING THE SAME TIME FRAME. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE SHORT NOTICE BUT I JUST FOUND OUT. PLEASE READ THE INFO BELOW. I UNDERSTAND IT IS TO LATE TO REGISTER BUT YOU MAY WANT TO TRY ANYWAY AND CONTACT THE PARTIES INVOLVED TO SEE IF SEATS ARE STILL AVAILABLE. YOU MAY ALSO WANT TO CHECK OUT MS HULL'S WEBSITE. AS FAR AS RESCHEDULING OUR HURDCASTING MEETUP, I NEED TO CHECK WITH FAIRGRINDS TO SEE IF THEY CAN ACCOMODATE US ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY (WE NEED TO MEET BEFORE THE WEEKEND SO WE CAN MAKE PLANS TO DO SOMETHING TO HONOR MARCH'S FILM AND TELEVISON MONTH) THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND IS THE LAST WEEKEND WE CAN CELEBRATE FOR THIS MONTH. I WILL SEND AN EMAIL OUT ADVISING OF THE DATE. IT WILL STILL BE AT 6PM AND I AM SHOOTING FOR MONDAY NIGHT (21st of March) BUT I NEED TO FINALIZE IT WITH THE FAIRGRINDS STAFF. SORRY ONCE AGAIN FOR THE SHORT NOTICE BUT MAYBE YOU WILL GET LUCKY AND CAN STILL REGISTER FOR THE ACTING CLASS (MS. HULL IS A VERY RESPECTED ACTING COACH KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES). READ THE INFO ABOUT THE CLASS BELOW........

Acting Coach Lorrie Hull will be holding a class
for all aspiring Actors on Modern Acting Techniques next Sunday March 20 from 5-8 p.m.

When: Sunday March 20
Time: 5pm- 8pm
Salons I & II

This class will cover:
-Relaxation and concentration techniques
-Creating a relationship between characters
-Listening and being aware of other actors
-Volunteers will be asked to demonstrate script
handouts
-Participants are allowed to bring monologues for review and guidence
-Handouts will be given for all participants to take home
-There will be a Q&A session at the end of this class(So come with your questions ready)
Price: $45 per person/ all attendees must confirm by 5pm Friday March 18.

All local attendees should pre-pay at 2714 Canal St.
Suite #409, New Orleans 70119 by Friday, March 18 no later than 5pm.
Call 504-821-7550 and ask for Ceon. Anyone who is unable to pre-pay for their reserved seating should contact the office number above.

For more info about acting coach Lorrie Hull you can visit her website: www.actors-studio.com/hull

______________________________________­___________

WANT TO HELP OUT ON THE HOODOO FOR VOODOO PROJECT? PLEASE READ THE EMAIL LISTED BELOW AND IF YOU THINK YOU CAN HELP< PLEASE CALL ME AND I WILL GET YOU IN TOUCH WITH THE RIGHT PEOPLE. THE HELP NEEDED IS IN REGARDS TO LOCATIONS. THE EMAIL BEGINS NOW......

Hey Wayne.
I hope all is going well.
I am still looking for a few locations over there. I know we had talked to that contact you gave us, but she is pretty busy working with her projects. We should be coming over there sometime in April to scout the remainding locations. Here is what I am still looking for, if you have any ideas.
-The Main location we are worried about is we need an Antebellum style Bed and Breakfast type house, that will be used a lot during the film. It needs to have 5 bedrooms, Dining Room, and a large front yard. It would be great to find a place that is fairly surrounded by some bigger trees. Creepy looking. (Estate House)
-We need to get an Airboat Rental shack or something like that to use as Gatorbait Pete's residence. If it was shoddy looking, and on a bayou with some airboats nearby, that would be great. (Gatorbait Pete's)
-Also an outdoor park style place, for a Bar-B-Que. We were considering using Lake Fosse Point, we had scouted there before. How hard is it to get permits over there? I know there isn't a mandatory insurance policy, but I dont know how you guys deal with those situations. Let me know if you have any experience. (Delacroix Point)
-We want to try and get the Downtown of Breax Bridge to shoot a reinactment of Mardi Gras. We would need to talk to the state about getting that accessable. (Bourbon St Corner)
-We need a couple cemeteries. One I want to use is the St Martinville Cemetery. And a large one in New Orleans.
There are a few other locations we kinda know where we want, and we are talking with them right now. Our Homebase will be in Cyppemore Point, just outside Lafayette/New Iberia (Across from Avery Island) I am giving you a link to our script, so you can read it over, and let me know if you have any ideas. Above I have put the scene headings in parenthesis so you can see where those locations are in the script. Any help you can give us is extremely generous. You have already done so much. I think I want to cast you at Mardi Gras Cop 1, because he has a few really funny lines in the climax of the film. Let me know if you approve. There are a few scenes where we can use some extras, I am sure some of your network might be interested if nearby. It would be considered volunteer for that. Give me a call with any questions or comments. Again, thanks for all of your help! I will be looking forward to getting that tape. We will be talking soon.

THANKS EVERYONE, IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE EMAIL ME OR CALL ME AT 985-951-9051.

V/R
WAYNE MORGAN
THE HURD CASTING NETWORK