addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › SAG/Background Actors

SAG/Background Actors

Wayne Douglas M.
WDMorgan
Group Organizer
Metairie, LA
Post #: 105
This is the place to discuss this topic. Voice your opinions and see other peoples opinions. Keep it nice as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Wayne Douglas M.
WDMorgan
Group Organizer
Metairie, LA
Post #: 106
To Whom It May Concern:

Please forward this important email to local actors. My name is Matthew Nolan. I am a actor and writer who moved from New York City to New Orleans to continue my career.

Today I spoke with Gavin Troster at Screen Actor's Guild regarding jurisdiction over background actors in Louisiana. As of right now, working as an extra in Louisiana does not count towards SAG eligibility. For those of you new to acting or background work, SAG is an acting union that can open many doors and offer numerous benefits to your acting career. Just visit www.sag.org

Mr. Troster would like for SAG to gain jurisdiction over Louisiana and therefore give all background actors working on a SAG film for 3 full production days under a SAG contract an opportunity for eligibility.

Mr. Troster told me to begin a petition starting with an email from me to him recommending that SAG cover background actors in Louisiana. He requested that I petition as many people as possible to write him an email as well. He said he would then present these emails to the board.

The film industry is rapidly growing in our area and we deserve the same opportunities that East and West coast background actors are getting for the same work.

Please send all emails to Mr. Troster at gtroster@sag.org
or mail a letter to:

Screen Actors Guild
Attn: Gavin Troster, Senior Manager
Production Services 7th Floor
5757 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036

Mr. Troster will keep your emails/letters on file in preparation for the next contract negotiations which begin internal meetings in late 2007. Please mention my name in your email/letter as a reference to this initiative.

OTHER questions may be forwarded to me Matthew Nolan at aneworleansactor@aol.com

Sincerely,

Matthew Nolan