The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › Prepare to Go to Legislature

Prepare to Go to Legislature

Susie L.
lasunshine
Baton Rouge, LA
Post #: 21
Organizations and associations are now forming and growing fast around the film industry. Hats off to Steve Rue, Wayne Morgan, Clayton Cangelosi, Lynn Yeldell, all the meetups, and many more.

This is a call to get everyone to know who their State Senator and State Representative is and get to know them. We are growing in numbers by leaps and bounds and we will let the Legislature know.

I urge each individual and organization in the film, music, and entertainment arts industry to unite and gather together and get each and every one effected by the industry to know who their respective State Senator and State Representative is. Our goal is to let each Senator and Representative how many in their district will be effected by film, music, and video industry, as pretty soon we will be calling on everyone to contact their Senators and Representatives in support of upcoming legislation.

I will be forming a meetup.com Citizens Activist group around Legislative matters regarding film, music, and arts and will be calling a meeting soon in the meetup.com format to discuss upcoming legislation and to garner support for such legislation. Those effected will be the film producers, crew, cast, their families, and all the businesses and vendors that are used and effected directly and by the ripple effect, such as restaurants, clubs, real estate, hospitality/hotels, laundry/cleaners, cosmetics, hair, cars/transportation, equipment, technology, artists, schools, beverage/food/catering, etc.

I will like to see a unity among the groups, unite and band together as a strong viable group of businesses, associations, organizations, unions, and individuals for when we do go to Baton Rouge to visit our legislators. We also will like to schedule a day at the Capitol.