The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › URGENT-Contact Your Legislators & Governor B4 Tuesday
Baton Rouge, LA
We thank the industry, working people, unions, vendors, educators, and individuals, etc., who visited the Ways & Means Committee last Tuesday. We left a great impression. We had a good time. Thank yall for coming.
We urge each and everyone again to visit, call, email, and/or hardmail to your State Representative and State Senator, and Governor before Tuesday morning. Ask your coworkers, employers, employees, friends, family, and vendors to do same. To Read Louisiana State Legislature see http://www.legis.stat...
or just search "Louisiana State Legislature"
Everyone is urged to know and contact their:
1. State Representative
2. State Senator
For contact information, see Louisiana State Legislature website.
"View a compilation of House and Senate members of the current Louisiana Legislature."
to pull up your Senator or Representative. Click their name. Their site, district information, telephone, email, and address all should be in there.
3. The Governor
To Contact Governor see
Honorable Kathleen Blanco
Office of the Governor
Attn: Constituent Services
P.O. Box 94004
Baton Rouge, LA. 70804-9004
Telephone Number: (225) 342-0991 or 342-7015
4. Watch House Order of the Day and find out when it goes to the House Floor: See http://www.legis.stat...
5. When it goes up to the Floor (Tuesday 4:00p), the contact and let them know it is coming up or see via computer or visit and watch them vote on the bill and let them know you are there watching. Please visit and lobby them that day. Go to the Girls at the door and ask them for a paper to fill out and that you will like to see Rep. .... She will get him for you. Wait in lobby around the rope. I suggest this day (expect Tuesday, May 31st) when the bill goes to the floor is the day we should go to the House visit your legislator and tell him how film industry effects you personally and let them know you are there watching them vote. Thank your legislators who do vote our way and concentrate on those who are undecided.
If you don't attend the Capitol to see full House in session, you can use your computer to see/view
6. If HB passes House, then see
The Committee Members of the Senate Revenue and Fiscal Affairs. See: http://senate.legis.s...
and read their Agenda daily. See http://senate.legis.s...
7. If HB passes Senate Rev. & Fiscal Affairs, see Senate, the Senate Daily Digest: see http://www.legis.stat...
8. Thank those who supported us.
9. Governor, when it passes both House and Senate or vice versa, it's time to remind the Governor to support us.
10. Contact other people (your family members, friends, employers, employees, coworkers, vendors, and allies) and get them to do same. When writing, calling, or emailing give your name and address where you are registered to vote. Put in RE: HB731 As Amended.
11. Letters to the Editor of your local newspapers and/or magazines, radio call in, etc.
12. Various Forum Boards, clubs, organizations.
And then thank them. Legislators need to hear from their Constituents as they spend lots of time and money to poll their own constituents. We suggest everyone be businesslike and respectful, but truthful and personal in communicating-tell your story how filming effected you and yours and community. Contact!
If you visit, we suggest you wear business apparel and approach in a businesslike, yet personal manner with respect. They are open and want to listen and hear what we say. Nice ribbons, small buttons and/or nametags are nice. Messages: NO HB731, KILL HB731.
For any update: Watch this meetup on Monday night.
Watch for Alerts and News from meetup.com here daily, read
Newspapers and watch News.
Edited by Susie Labry on May 27, 2005 11:28 PM