addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › REPLY to Article about "Tax Credits in a Crossfire?" My Reply I DON'T THINK SO!

REPLY to Article about "Tax Credits in a Crossfire?" My Reply I DON'T THINK SO!

Susie L.
Baton Rouge, LA

My Reply: We need to stamp out RUMORS! I wanted to get this post out as an alert to call the people together to BEWARE of such Political Noise that is at the Capitol in the air and that I DO NOT BELIEVE the info in article is true. I want to get it checked out.

Here are some sound Replies I need to post and get out.

My friend Chuck Bush asked me to get his REPLY out ASAP! which is quite sound and not for me or anyone to overreact or react or cause any type of hysteria over this. My aim is to get the people to get the truth themselves like these repliers have done. We NEED to stick together and make sure rumors do not get out and that these incentives are profitable to the State. What I want to do is nip this in the bud and call out for proof that the tax incentives is NOT IN DANGER and the info in the Article is NOT SO! So, thankfully Chuck Bush replied as follows:

Susie...please repost this.

Giving heed to this article is wreckless and irresponsible! People will write just about anything to get attention! If you look at the rest of the stories on this site they are ALL sensationalized! I personally sat down with the Entertainment Director, Chris Stelly who assured me that there were no plans by the Administration or key legislators to abolish the program! And with over 8,000 full-time film workers (voters) in the state any attempt to abolish the program will be met with extreme public resistance. Please don't do anything rash after reading this article! I assure you that there are those of us out there who are vigilant about watching what the state's position is. We will continue polling through the 2013 Session and we will let you know if anything begins to stir. Please remain calm!

Thank you.

Susie --
This is a hit piece by a small group in California who has been banging this same drum for 15 years. It started in the ‘90s with Canada. Now it’s Louisiana.

Every so-called fact they list is wrong.

If you work in Louisiana in the industry, pay no attention to this ‘runaway production’ group. They’re nuts.

Stan Gill, Producer
Film | Television | New Media­

THANK YOU CHUCK AND STAN for your Replies! and I hope and look for much more to come.