The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › ACTING COMPETENCE REVIEW

ACTING COMPETENCE REVIEW

Veleka G.
Actors,

Have you ever done a killer audition, but couldn't repeat the magic at the callback?  If so, you need technique because you can learn how to repeat a great audition and do even better... if you can see for yourself what you're doing and how you did it.

In the next semester of The Actors Alliance in a safe and supportive environment, you will be taped each class practicing a collection of different actors' skills, from cold reading to improvisation, and watch your progress on TV so you'll learn how to repeat your best work.  And you'll learn how to reveal your unique brand in your auditions so that casting directors and agents can more easily define what's special about you.

The six-week course is taught by Veleka Gray, award-winning producer, director, screenwriter, and coach to rising stars.  Our pilot, Making The Grade, will be shown at the Mississippi International Film Festival on October 26.  And our next class production, the feature film Blood Relatives, will be shooting this winter!

All productions are cast from The Actors Alliance students in class exclusively.  Join us and get the opportunity to act in our next film!

~ COMMENDATIONS ~

"I've just found out that I booked a supporting role in a UNO graduate thesis film! Thank you so much for all of your invaluable training and support, Veleka! Couldn't have done it without you :D"
~ Erin McCluskey, New Orleans

"I just got a call back for a film. It was my first audition, and it's for a lead role! Thanks, Ms. Veleka! And thank you Actors Alliance for the support and motivation I get in every class! I'll keep you guys posted."
~ Sydney Holmes, Baton Rouge

"Veleka! Thank you so much for on camera training in class! Sent in a video audition this morning and got a callback!"
~ Sheldon Maurer, Slidell

"Veleka Gray, I got a CALL BACK for a SAG feature film!!!!  You making me get up in front of people and helping me get past my shyness and my self-esteem problem may get me a role that puts me on the road to my dream coming true."
~ Shirley Tregre, Denham Springs

"Less than 24 hours till I'm on set of American Horror Story! I'll let y'all know how it was. I found out tonight that at the callbacks, it was me and one other girl going for the same role, which is crazy to even think about! Never thought in January that I'd be here. Thanks, Veleka :)"
~ Annette Lay, Mandeville

"Always appreciate your casting posts, Veleka! I got an audition for this! ;)"
~ Kat Lindsay, Baton Rouge

"Veleka, you have been such a special mentor to all of us.... both young and older like myself. Thank you for sharing all of your knowledge and experience with all of us."
~ Ed Chambers, Madisonville

~ CLASS VENUES ~

• METAIRIE - Monday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting October 28

• BATON ROUGE - Wednesday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting October 30

• COVINGTON - Thursday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting October 31

Tuition for each semester is $275 if a $50 deposit is paid in advance, or $300 at the door.  Emotionally and psychologically mature actors age 14 and up may enroll.

~ FOR MORE INFORMATION ~

Call 504-812-3379 or e-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com

Students accepted must be teenagers or older.  Once registered, students are expected to attend all classes or make them up in other venues in the same semester.  All deposits and tuition are non-refundable.

~ INSTRUCTOR ~

Veleka Gray is an award-winning producer, screenwriter, director, actress, and acting coach.  She is a member of Women in Film and of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences where she has been a finalist judge for the national Emmy Awards for over twenty years.

She also judges film competitions, from the University of New Orleans film fests to this year's Forum on Law, Culture & Society’s International Short Film Competition.

As an actress, Miss Gray shared the stage or screen with scores of luminaries, including Sigourney Weaver, Ted Danson, Dana Delany, Elliot Gould, and Jobeth Williams.

She optioned her first screenplay to Columbia Television, and she developed her craft by penning biweekly columns for Soap Opera Digest and other fan magazines during the fifteen years she reigned as one of the brightest stars on daytime television where she had more contract roles than any other actor in history on such shows as The Young & The Restless and As the World Turns.

Miss Gray has been coaching actors for the past twenty years in New York, San Francisco, at the College of DuPage in Chicago, and, since 2000, all over Louisiana.  In addition to the classes she teaches weekly in Metairie, Baton Rouge, and Covington, she brings her coaching to Lafayette, Shreveport, Monroe, and Alexandria, Louisiana, and to Hattiesburg and Jackson, Mississippi.

She is currently in preproduction for her sixth film, a SAG feature titled Blood Relatives.  Her SAG pilot titled Making The Grade that she wrote and directed will be screening at this year's Mississippi International Film Festival.  She is a member of Mensa and was inducted into the Louisiana Hall of Fame in 2004.

"Great acting is a science...
Learn how at The Actors Alliance"

http://TheActorsAllia...­