The H.U.R.D. Casting Network - Helping yoU Reach Dreams Message Board › ★ Do You Have A Demo Reel? ★

★ Do You Have A Demo Reel? ★

Veleka G.
Actors,

Need a great demo reel? The Actors Alliance is gearing up to shoot another film this fall, and you have the opportunity to join us and be cast in a super scene for your demo reel, get a great credit for your résumé, and be listed on IMDb.

Who needs a demo reel?  Anyone who is serious about breaking into show business.  A demo reel is as vital a tool for a professional actor as is an excellent head shot and a well-crafted résumé.

This next film will be another class project, so you must be in class to be cast in a role.  As with our previous films, you will need to make a three-semester commitment to be considered for a cameo or supporting role in this production.  There will also be smaller roles and featured extra roles, so something for everyone.

This next film will be another class project, so you must be in class to be cast in a role.  As with our previous films, you will need to make a three-semester commitment to be considered for a supporting role in this production.  There will also be smaller roles and featured extra roles, so something for everyone.

Students will train on camera throughout the course, which will culminate by our team filming you in a scene perfect for your demo reel in the fall/winter.  Experienced actors in class will audition for the largest roles in the film.

Beginner actors, you will be cast in roles in keeping with your training, experience, and type using your strengths so you look your very best.

If you want to train but don't care to be in the film, you can still study these techniques as each semester is stand-alone training.

★ CURRICULUM ★

Next SEMESTER - BRAND DEVELOPMENT

Practice with advanced monologues, scenes, and improv will help you discover and refine your brand so you can learn to choose a wardrobe, style your hair, and even change your name to be the performer you aspire to be.

2nd SEMESTER - SCENE STUDY WITH THE SCRIPT

Working with sides from films and even the actual film script, you will practice scene study, pacing, and timing and train to work with others on camera.

3rd SEMESTER - AUDITION, CASTING, AND REHEARSAL FOR FILM

In the final semester, you will continue learning how to act on camera, especially for close-ups, so you are prepared when we shoot your scenes on the weekends (and in some cases during the week) during principal photography, starting in September.  By the time you walk on set, you will be cool, collected, experienced, and ready for your close-up!

After your eighteen weeks of studying acting for film and learning all the steps you must take to succeed... from preparing for the audition, to preparing for production, to being on set and doing the work... you will have a confidence that it could take years to develop without an amazing opportunity and priceless experience like this one!

The Actors Alliance is the only private acting school that gives actors that opportunity to train and then have an important role in a film.  If you are serious about acting in film, you want to enroll in this course.

★ CLASS VENUES ★

• Metairie - Monday evenings - 6:30 p.m. to 9:30, starting May 19
• Baton Rouge - Wednesday evenings - 7 p.m. to 10, starting May 21
• Covington - Thursday evenings - 6:30 p.m. to 9:30, starting May 22

Each six-week semester, tuition is $300 if a $50 deposit is paid in advance, or $325 at the door.  Actors age 14 and up may enroll.  Cost of your demo scene on DVD is an additional $300 that will be due before filming your role begins.

★ FOR MORE INFORMATION ★

Call 504-812-3379 or e-mail TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com

Students accepted must be teenagers or older.  Once registered, students are expected to attend all classes or make them up in other venues in the same semester.  All deposits and tuition are non-refundable.

★ COMMENDATIONS ★

"I am so grateful for the amazing opportunities you have given me."
~ Tricia Ball, Baton Rouge, LA

"If you have ever considered acting or have someone in your family that is interested in the craft, then I would turn to Veleka. She is not only knowledgeable, but she has a sincere and deep appreciation for all of her students, whether they be novices or well-seasoned actors. If you are on the Gulf Coast or the New Orleans area, then check her out...you will not be disappointed!"
~ Sherrod Sisco, Pensacola, FL

"I just want to take a moment to thank Veleka for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this production. I also want to say BRAVO for providing us with footage for our demo reels. I have had previous experiences in the past when a producer has promised me the footage of my scenes and didn't follow through and fell off the face of the earth. If anyone else has experienced that, you know it's a real disappointment because as an actress/actor trying to build a demo reel and have probably did a few acting gigs where financial compensation is replaced with your footage, you feel robbed! Anyway, great job everybody and kudos to Veleka! :)"
~ Christy B. Devarauxx, Houston, TX

"Veleka, I just did a total improv scene for an internet radio show. Once again, damn sure couldn't have done it without you."
~ Sabrita Gordon, Picayune, MS

"Just a note to let you know I attended the 2013 Academy Awards with Court13 Productions for Beasts of the Southern Wild! I am so excited while, at the same time feeling very humbled by the whole experience. I also wanted to thank you, personally, for your contribution of help through your teachings and knowledge. If it weren't for you sharing tips on a positive and loving mind-set towards going about auditioning, I may have never come this far in such a short time span. I am forever indebted to you and your services to this wonderful art form and industry. The best thing, now, for me that keeps playing through my head is, 'There is so much more to come!'"
~ Levy Easterly, New Orleans, LA

➤ You can do this, too!  E-mail Veleka Gray at TheActorsAlliance@gmail.com now for how you can register for this extraordinary course and train with the top acting coach in the South.  You'll be glad you did!

★ INSTRUCTOR / PRODUCER ★

Veleka Gray is an award-winning producer, screenwriter, director, actress, and acting coach.  She is a member of Women in Film and Television and of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences where she has been a finalist judge for the national Emmy Awards for over twenty years.

As an actress, Miss Gray shared the stage or screen with scores of luminaries, including Sigourney Weaver, Ted Danson, Dana Delany, Elliot Gould, and Jobeth Williams.  In the fifteen years she reigned as one of the brightest stars on daytime television she had more contract roles than any other actor in history on such shows as The Young & The Restless and As the World Turns.

Miss Gray has been coaching actors for the past twenty years in New York, San Francisco, at the College of DuPage in Chicago, and, since 2000, all over Louisiana.  In addition to the classes she teaches weekly in Metairie, Baton Rouge, and Covington, she brings her coaching to Lafayette, Shreveport, Monroe, and Alexandria, Louisiana, and to Hattiesburg and Jackson, Mississippi.

She is currently in pre-production on her seventh feature and in post-production for her sixth film, a SAG New Media feature titled Blood Relatives.  Her SAG pilot titled Making The Grade that she wrote and directed was screened at last year's Mississippi International Film Festival.  She is a member of Mensa and was inducted into the Louisiana Hall of Fame in 2004.

http://TheActorsAllia...­