Instead of our typical meetup, I am posting information about the first annual New Orleans Sacred Music Festival. Check out more at www.neworleanshealingcenter.com.
March 24th and 25th at the New Orleans Healing Center.
In conjunction with The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation and The Congo Square New World Rhythms Festival.
Single night ticket is $15, good for either night.
Two nights is $25. Tickets are non-refundable. Internet ticket sales close night of the 23rd.
At the door: Single night is $20, two nights is $30.
Saturday March, 24th:
- Fire Yajana - Yogindra Vandana Das at St. Roch Gate
- Invocation/Prayers at Cafe Istanbul (Call to prayer - Nasr Nance, Thomas McKenney - Hu Chant, Eckanar)
-Mardi Gras Indian Conversation and Performance
- Cantor Joel Colman - Jewish Sacred Music at Fatoush
- Sean Johnson & The Wild Lotus Band do Kirtan at Cafe Istanbul
- Aaron Spevack does Sufi music at Fatoush
- Seguenon Kone & Ivoire Spectacle do Africa/Jazz at Cafe Istanbul
- Vodou Ceremony - La Source Ancienne Ounfo by the Mermaid Foundation
All located at 2372 St. Claude Ave. in the 7th ward.