Greetings and welcome to the first (and potentially annual) MCbS Con!!!
Details that are solidified at the moment:
1) Date: March 1st, 2014
2) Location: Memorial Union Building, 83 Main Street, Durham, NH Room Numbers 334 and 336 (Third floor of the building)
3) Time: 10:30 AM till 12:00 AM
4) Admission: FREE (but our group will gladly accept donations which will be used to fund the UNH Board Games [soon to be] Recognized Student Organization - details below.
5) Donations: For those that wish to donate, we have setup a donation account! A special thanks that wish to give for the love of games! All donations received will go towards paying any costs associated with the Con and then secondly, towards promotion of the student organization that is affiliated with this Con and Meetup! The money for the group will be used to purchase a small library of games so that when people attend events at UNH through this Meetup and campus advertising, those games will be available to play :-) If you wish to donate out of charity, feel free to send any increment of money you wish to the following paypal account:
Again, this is not necessary to do and we are not asking for donations, but for those that wish to give back to the hobby and the community, we will be happy to see that it goes towards promotion of the hobby to younger individuals on campus and within the local community.
In addition to raffle tickets being offered at a bonus rate for those who donate before the event, we will have a special meeple mystery gift to award you for donating as well. See below for details on the prize raffle and ticket purchasing structure for donations.
6) RAFFLE!!: We will be having a raffle for prizes at this event thanks to the efforts of Diversion Games in Portsmouth! I cannot tell you what those prizes may be at this time and we plan to keep it secret till game day. I can tell you, however, that they will be well worth it as they will likely include popular titles of games and/or prize packages! Maybe a base copy of Android Netrunner? Who knows! Each person that has RSVP'd will receive a ticket, two tickets if you show up before 1:00pm!! Those that wish to donate to the UNH Student Organization through [masked] (via PayPal) will receive an additional slew of raffle tickets. For every 5 dollars donated, you will receive 8 tickets. At the event, you can also choose to purchase raffle tickets. Each ticket is 1.00 and 5.00 will get you 6 tickets! Cash donations will be accepted the day of the event. If you donated through PayPal, please print your receipt as confirmation so we can give you the correct amount of tickets for your donation. Larger purchases can be made via credit card at the event, but with a minimum of 10.00.
Raffle drawing will be at 6:00pm. Please be present if you have tickets!
7) 60 Attendee limit for this event, so RSVP including your guest count before slots fill up!
8) Directions and Parking: Parking is available for FREE in B and C lots which are located closer than other parking lots to the UNH Memorial Union Building (MUB) For more information on Parking - click the following link:
For Directions, use the following link:
For a map of the campus, use the following link:
C-Lot and the MUB are located on the bottom right of this map.pdf
9) Teaching sessions: At 10:30 am and around Noon, we plan to offer anywhere from 1-4 (maybe more if we get volunteers) teaching sessions for select games. (Later afternoon teaches are welcome!)
To sign up to teach, simply post a comment onto this event. Include time to teach + game + max number of players + Expected game length in time (if you wish, include the BGG link to the game as well - not necessary)
To sign up to play, simply post a reply to the comment of the game you wish to play - and keep it simple!! (i.e. "Sign me up" or "reserve my spot") For direct questions about the game, contact the user who plans to teach.
10) Auction!: An auction thread has been set up over on BGG (boardgamegeek) for those that might want to take advantage of skipping shipping costs at our gathering. If you're interested in cleaning out a closet and selling some games, please post over there. Rules for the auction are standard BGG fare, and listed at the top of the thread. First timers welcome. If you have any questions, just PM the OP at that thread on BGG.
Link to the auction:
Event Outline (thus far):
Starting from 10:30am and going through till 12:00am (13.5 hours), we will be hosting an all day gaming event that is open to any official RSVPs and expected guests. The event will be limited to registered attendance only!! That is, if you are not RSVP'd, you can't attend. RSVP will be cut off 2 days before the event so that I have time to print name tags for everyone. Additionally, if you plan to bring guests, I will need their names for the name tags please. The reason is that I need to have an accurate headcount for insurance purposes or to report to the university for their records. The limit is at 36, but if I have a wait list of +10, I will double the attendance maximum. This will only occur if I can get the room to host the event for double the attendees as well. The event this year will be totally FREE if you RSVP - you will be responsible to feed yourself as this will not be a catered event. There will be no alcoholic beverages allowed.
Similar in format to Unity Games, you can bring any games you wish to play and for the public to allow to play. Each person will respect the property of the owner and take care with all games they "borrow" during the event to play. Games will not be allowed to leave the room except under the permission of the owner. All games will be identified inside with the owners information in the case that something is lost, damaged, or otherwise left behind. Games left out will be subject to public play unless otherwise posted. In past events I have attended, this has never been an issue and so I trust that we will all respect the ability to use other people's games. No beverages will be allowed on the gaming tables what-so-ever.
Types of games are limited to what is brought by other members + access to my collection which I will bring + access to the collection of the student organization (I will be working on building that up once the recognized organization status becomes live). Pick a game, find free players, and start playing. The format is open and will encompass all levels of play with all levels of teachers and games to choose from.
As the details unfold, I will be adding more information to this so please check back for updated details. If you are RSVP'd, the system should ping you with an email if changes are made.
Thanks and hope to see you at this first annual event!!