A former member
Post #: 6
Maybe a few of you believers in the inerrancy and the understandability of the Bible could give me your understanding of the time line for the following events:

1) Beginning of last supper
2) End of last supper.
3) Arrest
4) Various trials
5) Crucifixion
6) Death
7) Burial
8) Resurrection

Just day of the week and approximate time of the day. Then we can talk.

Thanks
A former member
Post #: 9
Todd's going to be gone this week and he's usually the organizer. Next week I think we'll meet again. I suggested us all meeting on Christmas night for those who might be alone that night. We may meet then too. Send Todd a message.
A former member
Post #: 10
As you can see on the calendar, the Dec 20th meeting is still on. Be there or be square.
A former member
Post #: 13
Adam and Leah have both responded to my "Time Line" topic by saying something about the meeting. I was not proposing this discussion as a topic for the meeting. I was proposing it as a "message board" discussion. Perhaps no one is interested. If you are interested, give me you idea of the timeline.

As to this week, I am leaving on the 20th to go to Vegas to play poker. You all have a Merry Christmas.
A former member
Post #: 12
Sorry, I didn't realize that.

Have fun on your poker trip!

PS - I'll have to bow out since I don't believe in the inerrancy of the Bible.
A former member
Post #: 16
Wise girl.
A former member
Post #: 114
Well....I'm glad to see this forum is finally getting some use as it is difficult for me to make the meetups. And since no one else has answered Howards question, I'll give it a go using anchient Jewish measurements of time in the year 3790 (30AD).

Nissan (first of the 12 months of the Jewish calendar March-April)
Onah (day of the month or date)
'aver (hour-unit of measurement of time of day. Days are measured in two 12 hour incriments. The new day starts at sunset- hour 1 (about 7:00PM centeral time zone American daylight savings)

1) Beginning of last supper
Nissan onah 13 about 'aver 12 (6:00PM Thursday)

2) End of last supper.
Nissan onah 14 about 'aver 2 (8:00PM Thursday)

3) Arrest
Nisan onah 14 after 'aver 2 (8:00PM Thursday)

4) Various trials:
Nissan onah 14 about hour 1 to 'aver 5 (7:00AM-11:00AM Friday)

5) Crucifixion
Nissan onah 14 about 'aver 6 (12:00AM Friday)

6) Death:
Nissan onah 14 'aver 9 (3:00 PM Friday)

7) Burial:
Nissan onah 14 about 'aver 12 (5:00PM Friday)

8) Resurrection:
Nissan onah 16 'aver 1 (7:00AM Sunday)
A former member
Post #: 24
Wow! Only three hours from the time he was crucified until he died. Those things usually take days? Are you sure you allowed enough time? Also, there is not time from the end of the last supper and the arrest for him to go pray and to allow for about three different prayer sessions with his desciples falling asleep several times. Surely this took some time?

I appreciate your efforts. Before I make some other comments on it, I wondered if it needed any revision based on the above?
Tracy
user 3582792
Bedford, TX
Post #: 1
Only 3 hours from the time he was crucified to the time he died. yes, these things usually take days but if you'll remember Jesus committed his spirit to the Father and then he died. He was not an ordinary man and did not die like one.
A former member
Post #: 26
I am not suggesting it did NOT take but three hours. I was only pointing it out so persons reviewing the time line might make sure this is what they intent to hold. I, of course, think it is impossible that a person can choose to give up the spirit after a mere three hours on the cross, but then again, I think it is impossible anyone can walk on water.

Be that as it may, we are discussing the time line and not whether miracles are possible, so I will accept this as the timeline. Did anyone have a comment on the Gethsemane thing. I guess Jesus could just will his descipes to go to go to sleep in seconds. Perhaps also he was a "speed prayer" so he could get all that done in no time. When I was young, I got pretty fast at saying my prayers at night.