addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

DFW Theology & Apologetics Meetup Message Board › White lies set a pattern in your mind

White lies set a pattern in your mind

Jim B.
user 4260314
Arlington, TX
Post #: 16
So if you were hiding the Frank family, you would not lie to the SS and allow an innocent family to die? There are real moral dilemmas in which you're faced with only two alternatives, and both of them are bad. Yes, there is sin, but it's not always a simple matter as to what we should do in every situation. There are moral ambiguities. Life is not always a clear-cut matter of sin vs. obeying God's will. I believe that God knows our hearts. If we lie in order to save innocent lives, don't you think that God would look beyond the legalistic aspect of the act itself in isolation from its context and look instead at our herts and our wills?
A former member
Post #: 54
I have a question for those who know the Bible better than I - is Jim's last question addressed in the Bible? I'm sure if it was it would have already been quoted but I'm asking just in case.
Adam
user 6289665
Arlington, TX
Post #: 27
Jim,
Your problem is that you are putting GOD in our shoes. You're trying to use human reasoning to understand GOD. And that can't be done.

I'll answer more later when I have more time, but in the mean time watch this: http://www.youtube.co...­

It's incomplete, but it answeres a little on your thoughts of GOD allowing sin to happen for the cause of good.

GOD can not look upon sin. He even had to turn away from his son on the cross when he was covered in sin.
Adam
user 6289665
Arlington, TX
Post #: 28
Jim,
Your problem is that you are putting GOD in our shoes. You're trying to use human reasoning to understand GOD. And that can't be done.

I'll answer more later when I have more time, but in the mean time watch this: http://www.youtube.co...­

It's incomplete, but it answeres a little on your thoughts of GOD allowing sin to happen for the cause of good.

GOD can not look upon sin. He even had to turn away from his son on the cross when he was covered in sin.

By the way I'm not throwing stones, I'm a liar too. I try not to be, but I've lied.
Jim B.
user 4260314
Arlington, TX
Post #: 17
Adam,

Why would you assume that I'm putting God in our shoes? Myopia, literalism, and legalism are all quintessentially human traits.

In any event, would you agree that we all sin, even those of us who make a concerted effort not to? The question then is how not to sin when faced with moral dilemmas, that is, in those situations where, no matter what you do, you're going to commit a sin. The situation of someone hiding the Franks is an example. There are many, many others that confront all of us very often.