Brian A.
BrianG_alt
Bloomfield, CT
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I am new to this group and was wondering if anyone had, or was interesting in forming a Shadowrun RPG group? I am a complete noob when it comes to RPGs and have had some really bad past experiences with it. I am interested in giving it another go and wanted to give Shadowrun a try; however I wouldn't be apposed to another system either.

Cheers,

Brian

A former member
Post #: 23
Hi Brian,

I'm considering running a weekly Sunday afternoon game at Off The Wall games in Hadley. I played Shadowrun once back in the mid 90's but don't remember anything about the mechanics of the game. I'd be willing to play if you know someone willing to GM a game.

I'd like to run a game of Dungeon Crawl Classics by Goodman Games. Its a fairly new game, in that it was published last year. It has an "old school" feel in that it was designed to emulate the sword and sorcery fiction of the 50's and 60's which inspired Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson to create D&D. It's designer describes it as a game with a pulp aesthetic but with the benefit of 40 years of game design knowledge. I've played it a few times with one of the lead designers and I've run a basic adventure in it. A whole lot of fun and very easy to learn. It has a solid following online with a number of free resources and downloads.

I would also consider using the Savage Worlds rule set to GM a game set in just about any genre we could find some group consensus for. Savage Worlds is a generic rule set billed by its publisher as "Fast! Furious! Fun!" It has a solid fan base and lots of support from its publisher. Savage Worlds can be used, in theory at least, to emulate practically any narrative genre you would care to name. Fantasy, sci fi, cyber punk, steam punk, whateva. It also has a large online presence with lots of fan made freebies.

So there are a couple of options. Let me know what you think and maybe we can put something together.