The Seattle LGBTQIA Meetup Group Message Board › Is this group right for me?

Is this group right for me?

Greg
user 34534002
Edmonds, WA
Post #: 1
I'm in the process of coming out, and wanting to talk to other young adults in a similar situation. Is this group right for me, does anyone in it fit the bill?

Thanks.
Jon R.
user 12858983
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hi Greg,

Sorry no one has responded to you. How are you doing? My Partner recently came out to his family and i know its not an easy decision. I think this is a good group for you. The events we have are fun and we are all about love and respecting each other. Let me know if you need anything, okay?

Jon xo
Christina
Christina543
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 2
Hey Greg; well I haven't been in your boat of recently coming out. Luckily my mom knew I was gay from the time I was little. She made it easy on me. But I will say recently I have struggled with the notion of me being a lesbian. I feel like an outcast. Most all of my friends are straight and I feel awkward. I feel like I am somehow defective. Again fortunately my mom made me come out to her in my early teen years and drove me to support groups. She raised me to treat women as though I were a man. But she also gave me perspective from a womans point of view. Without that I don't know where I would be now because I had it easy from that standpoint. Because I feel gross enough even from being raised in an accepting family! So yes it is hard but I think you are definately doing the right thing by joining this group because why not surround yourself with support? Plus you will probably meet cool people. Hope all is well. If you ever want to chat let me know. -Christina-